Notices

A boost to my alcoholic immune system

Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

A boost to my alcoholic immune system

Starting to feel like a cold is coming on here. Sucks. So I reached for the vitamin c and e to ward it off. Who knows if that really works. It makes me feel better. Placebo at worst.

Made me consider how am I going to boost my alcoholic immune system this next coming week? What needs to be done to gain strength. I felt pretty beat up this last week. Big decisions wear me down. Making drinking look like a viable option. I know it's not.

Going to push myself to go to a few meetings this week. Start work on my food blog project. Read on SR. Post support for others.

I like thinking that I have an alcoholic immune system. To care for it like any other way I would care for myself. Like feed a cold, starve a fever I will feed my soul and starve my alcoholic nature. Give me that little boost I need this week.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good analogy. I went to AA a couple weeks ago when I had some big decisions to make, and some important dates were on the calendar. Taking care of this "illness" is kind of like managing a condition that has flare-ups...when you notice you are in danger of having another, be careful and take steps to avoid it. You are smart to bolster your immune system - whatever helps arm you against a possible relapse is totally worthwhile!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have as much vitamin SR here as you could ever need! Every difficult week, difficult decision, difficult emotion that you make it through sober, builds you a stronger and stronger foundation in sobriety. It reminds you that you are strong. And it helps to look back and say "I made it through that, I can make it through <insert next difficult thing>." And so on. I get so scared and frankly mad when I have a really diffcult things pop up, thinking they threaten my sobriety, but after every one of them I can see how they helped plant me more solidly in sobriety and I end up being grateful. You can do it!!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

70% of our immune system is in our digestive tract.

Alcohol disrupts that digestive tract and we often don't even absorb B vitamins when drinking, no matter if we take a supplement or not, it just gets a little ride through our bodies.... Some supplements are water soluble, some are fat soluble.....

Foods play a large roll in our health, both physical and mental!

I hope that vitamin C helps you out! It's a water soluble vitamin, so you'll be releasing that soon......

Please feel well soon!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

fresh oranges, oatmeal for fiber (to carry that waste away) and helping others helps you too...You have a wonderful wit to write and post in such away that people are drawn to read you...what a nice sobriety PERK???

I also recommend some nice hot tea with a few drops of honey and lemon....pet the cats.