Notices

bloody sunday

Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bloody sunday

I always get this anxiety sundays,i thought it was alcohol related but i find it seems to come every sunday ,i get anxious about my work week and my bills that are all due ,I meditate every day ,4 times on Sunday..nothing seems to work ..obviously it was worse after binging fri and sat nites in the past ..
Im going on 13 days tomorrow and i am happy about that ,i also quit gambling today ,Day 1 on that guy..deleted my online site and withdrew my small bankroll. i realized that i was losing money every month. stupid i know
Im basically committed to living vice free for however long it takes to be normal again ,i dont like this feeling..Ive heard people talk about addictive personality,im pretty sure ive got that.
its hard not to think back to all the opportunities i threw away and the 120,000.00 i could have in my bank account right now, struggling to pay my medical premiums but all the while drinking and gambling away thousands a year, even since xmas ive been a idiot ,blown money i couldve used..
if i could jump out of my skin and beat the **** out of myself i would..I want to turn this ship around ,ive sold my golf clubs , i just want to be sober and work and not take things for granted any more..i guess reading will be my new hobby now : >
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I sure didn't start to get rid of anxiety for about 3-4 months of sobriety..

I think you are rushing that a bit.. You didn't get here in 2 weeks , your body is going to repair it's self that fast..

As a alcoholic we tend to want that instant gratification. So it takes time..

Stay here, and read and post, and maybe visit the chat room, I used that a ton in the beginning to get out of my own head..
Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Hey, great to hear from someone who has a gambling problem. That one was a doozy for me after three years of sobriety then taking up online horse betting. I didn't realise how addictive it was till I stopped after six months. Literally similar withdrawals as when I gave up booze. Haven't gambled since. Insidious stuff for an addictive personality. I think if it hadn't been for the ability to stop boozing it could have become another thing to deal with. I'm done with that now. Best wishes.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sure is Grymt, I thought it would take my mind off quitting alcohol to enjoy the online sports gambling but it has the opposite effect , i would feel great about sobriety but losing on the gambling would counteract that and i would feel like crap, i need to quit both ,i know that ,ive known that for a long time ,just didnt want to believe it , being 2 weeks in on the alcohol should make it easaier to adapt the gambling quit..damn addictive personality! can i ask you what kind of activities did you take up to fill that online pony betting ?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

Well, first came the distraction of the silly season. I find SR a big help, I think that probably is the best replacement I can think of for now. If you're deep in it, you gotta give it time and do it a day at a time and read, listen and be open minded to solutions. I like to think of my problems as solutions waiting to happen..
There's also Gamblers Anonymous.
I'm sure you can do it.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

another sunday and i feel like the lamest person in the world again,every other day of the week im ok,but come sunday i cant help but think i missed out on drinking and unwinding somehow..being alone on the couch or walking my dogs just being sober and waiting to go to work again..not much of a life
I have this chronic nagging pressure in my right leg ,mostly around the thigh and knee cap,it makes sleep nearly impossible.i know this is from years of alcohol abuse.
im on day 26 and the thoughts of moderation began creeping in again,i know i cant ,but there is a small part of me that thinks irrationally and thinks ,go for it ,so you lose a few years of your life ,look at your life right now, you want that life ?
its the standard sunday internal fight within my head.good thing i have that nagging pain to remind me of how i have damaged myself ,but it would be nice to sleep 8 hours and not have the aches and pains of a 90 yr old.
i thought nearing a month that most of the physical pains wouldve subsided by now, guess not .
im just clearing my head
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Sundays are tough for me too. Anxiety is higher...thoughts of the impending work week and things to do, being alone etc. all adds up to some not so pleasant Sunday evenings. I try to treat myself a bit on these nights...a hot bath, some good food, junk tv (celebrity apprentice is on tonight!..lol...hey, it's the little things that help sometimes).

All I know, is that no matter how low I may feel on Sunday nights, Monday mornings are SO much better w/o the crushing doom of a hangover.

Wishing you some peace tonight.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do you have any face to face support? Any friends or family to talk to? I hope you can find some relief from the anxiety. Stay sober, it gets better.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

no real support , just doing this alone..i wish i could get rid of the pain and sleep properly..stress of getting sober and dealing with all life's challenges is tough ..taxes ,bills ,job ,it all takes its toll ..sometimes you want to zone out on booze for a evening ,but i know itll be 100 x times worse the next day..alcoholic friend of mine suggests just to keeping drinking so the anxiety never gets a chance to come ..i did that for years and now my body is suffering..I dont go to AA but i do believe in a higher power taking care of me, i keep a journal and have faith that itll all work out as long as i stick to the process..sometimes you are just down in the dumps,those days seem to be Sundays
Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sundays used to be my worst days that was the day I could drink openly starting at 10 am or later. Sundays I filled
Boredom with more boredom and drinking. I was talking at a meeting tonight about how grateful I am to be sober today, today being Sunday especially! It was 745 pm, not only was I sober, but at an aa meeting. Today life is good. I'm sober, above all else, I'm not drinking everyone and everything away! It's truely amazing! I'm not sure why Sundays got better, I suppose because the drinking option is off the table, and I fun myself praying alot! Oh and because I have claimed Sunday to be the day me and the kids always hang out, we do every other day too, but something is special about Sundays.

Stick with it, don't let Sundays drag you backwards. Look ahead, that's the way your moving! Best wishes!