Notices

hi im new here.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi im new here.

My significant other is recovering from Alcohol abuse. He had been almost 300 days sober. I brought our 2 children and my daughter on mini vacation (we went to a indoor water park about an hr away). He had business to take care of but was supposed to come up next day. He decided not to. He called me to say he was too tired.

Well i get phone call next day about 11am he kept repeating himself so i knew he was drinking. I asked him if he was he said one. I hung up. No drinking was only stipulation to us being together because i didnt want the kids around that. He gets bad like 40 beers later and urinating in innappropriate places ie rug floor bed dresser etc.

I had to move out a yr and a half ago because he came home drunk. He couldnt walk up stairs. I brought kids to my moms and came back to get some items for them. He broke chair, calling me names accusing me of cheating but very explicit and degrading, threod all over broke the apt door. Had to be stern and i left abruptly to show him i was serious.

He says hes sorry and wont do it again. But he said this before. I dont think he can do it on his own.

I read on here about the halt. I just dont know how to help him. I have a 8 yr old and we have a 2 yr old and a 5 month old. They love him but the 8 yr old heard him calling me nmes. So right now im with family. I packed some stuff still have a lot to do. I obviously do care about him i cant hring kids back into that until he has it under control.

It would be different if he had one beer but he cant stop at one. Any suggestions or whst i should do?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im sry you are going through all that, hug
Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there, also sorry you are going through this. Alcoholism is a terrible disease and just makes us alcoholics do and say things that we never would sober and we seem to always hurt those closest to us. Glad you are taking care of your children.

Have you tried Al-anon?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((iwashoping)) - Welcome to SR, though I'm sorry for what has brought you here.

You may want to check out this forum - full of people who have loved ones who are alcoholics.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hugs and prayers,

Amy