Notices

I'm gonna make it

Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm gonna make it

I posted here a while back. At the time I was getting over a herion addiction. I think september was the last time I used it. After that I was clean maybe 2 weeks before I relapsed on methadone, oxicodone, or whatever opiate I could get ahold of. That was until march 10. I got lucky and got arrested for a ticket I forgot about. After a few days of the physical withdrawals in jail, I made a promise to myself and God that this would be my last time. I know its not as easy as i made that sound. The mental addiction is harder for me to kick than the physical. I got released from jail the 21st. So far I have deleted every phone number of anyone I ever bought pills from and anyone that I bought pills with. This is the first time ive quit that i am confident in myself. Im at the point where I know ive got to get away or my life will just keep getting worse. Im 2 weeks clean now and I still feel that i will never go back to that life again. I know there is a chance that i will screw up. Nobodys perfect. Sorry for the long post. I just had to get it off my chest. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. Good luck to everyone else on here too. Thank you for letting me share.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! Just stay strong, you have two weeks under your belt and the rest of your life to enjoy the new you! mental addiction is hard. Continue seeking active support. And very smart to delete all the numbers of those who hold you down and will never hold you up.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

WElcome back! And congrats on two weeks clean.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

It's a fantastic thing you're doing Nick, and I know how hard it is. Be careful of isolating yourself. That really gives the opportunity for the mind to go in to overdrive.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations!

Welcome back!

And please stick around, we need you here at SoberRecovery! As you can see by my post count, I'm sort of an addict but-hey, once an addict always an addict. Even my wife doesn't mind my SR habit!

Even just one post a day would be fantastic, you have a lot of strength and it will help keep you strong if you share it!

(My wife and I quit drinking and smoking pot 145 days ago).

Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
It's a fantastic thing you're doing Nick, and I know how hard it is. Be careful of isolating yourself. That really gives the opportunity for the mind to go in to overdrive.
Thats a really good idea. My mind can definatly get me in trouble when Im alone. So far Ive gone to church today to try to be around more positive influence. And Ive also gotten in touch with some old, sober friends. Im gonna try to hang out with them. Thanks everybody for your advice and support. I need all i can get.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NickCage View Post
Thats a really good idea. My mind can definatly get me in trouble when Im alone. So far Ive gone to church today to try to be around more positive influence. And Ive also gotten in touch with some old, sober friends. Im gonna try to hang out with them. Thanks everybody for your advice and support. I need all i can get.
Have you got any local NA meetings? I'm presuming you have if you're hooking up with sober friends. Could be worth a shot (again?) . Best of luck to you mate.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for the long post. I just had to get it off my chest.
I have seen short novels posted here, yours was a breeeeeeze.

In all seriousness, congrats on your sobriety, glad to have you here. Hope you stick around and keep reading/posting! It's a pretty awesome place.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're ready to make this work for you.

I'm glad you posted.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Nickcage,

Well done on your 2 weeks, that's a massive achievement. Stay close, we're all here for you
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Have you got any local NA meetings? I'm presuming you have if you're hooking up with sober friends. Could be worth a shot (again?) . Best of luck to you mate.
Got a suspended license. lol. I go where I can walk to or get a ride. I live in the country so theres no meetings within walking distance. As soon as i come up with the 400 to get it back i will be going to as many as i can
Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Welcome back Nickcage,

that's a massive achievement
Im telling you. Ive been bragging to my friends about it. lol. First time in 10 years I could pass a drug test without cheating or worrying
Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Im telling you. Ive been bragging to my friends about it. lol. First time in 10 years I could pass a drug test without cheating or worrying
So you should, you're heading in the right direction and joining this site is another positive step.

You the man Nick!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. Having confidence without drugs is great. A new feeling but I like it. Im still feeling depressed at times and not much energy but it will pass.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Awesome.

Just keep on truckin'
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Got a suspended license. lol. I go where I can walk to or get a ride. I live in the country so theres no meetings within walking distance. As soon as i come up with the 400 to get it back i will be going to as many as i can
That's a bummer. Maybe do some online ones? Anything to keep you plugged in and focused. You've got experience of how this'll go, so forewarned is forearmed as they say. You know that not every day's a breeze - just don't lose sight of the bigger picture.

Cheers man

NT
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Good job. Look up the thread entitled "People Places & Things". It may help you.