Notices

Newbee

Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbee

I came to this sight because I was looking to see the different stories of how people managed to get off of opiates. Oddly enough, mine wasn't by choice, but by doctors putting me on pain meds for my illnesses that I have 11 years ago. No one told me that it would turn into a nightmare that felt nearly impossible to wake up from. I have tried several times to free myself, but I always allowed my pain to get the better of me and caving seemed easier than finding another way to deal with it. I made it though he** week just as I have before and am able to eat and function again. But because my illnesses will never go away I am terrified to fall off of the proverbial wagon if the pain gets too bad. But not going through all of that is enough to keep me motivated!! It's awful how doctors just keep bumping your higher and higher until you reach a point where you know that you have to stop for a while to get your tolerance back down. Then you go through it all over again, only to start over again back at the bottom rung. This time, I chose not. And the Good Lord only knows how much I pray to stay where I am. I know my story isn't nearly as horrific as some I have read, but it's horrific enough for me.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR mamabear

D
Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi MamaBear. It helps to know you aren't alone anymore. We are here to listen and help. Glad you found us.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the site from a fellow Buckeye!