Notices

Sometimes I just wonder......

Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
acm

Sometimes I just wonder......

Hi I have been clean 6 months and very serious about my recovery. Having a hard time working my steps, not because I don't want to..just dont seem to have alot of support. I just moved 2,500 miles away from my son and best friend to help my son in law with my grandson. My daughter is currently in active addiction. I've tried to help her, but know I can't until she is ready. As a mom its tough, but as grandmother at 41..lol I know that my grandson needs me more since mom isn't able to help raise him. I go to F2f meetings as much as I can, and always get a warm welcome, it the after hours like tonight when I just can't shut my mind down when things get tough. Don't have transportation right now, so that makes it tough..not one to ask for rides..ect. I just know that I can't do my recovery alone. Son in law and friends back home just think you can put it down..and move on. We all know diffrent. So thanks for letting me share.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, ACM!

That's awesome that you've been sober for six months!

I spend a lot of time here at SoberRecovery, and the best part is my wife doesn't mind at all! There's a thread for just about anything, and you can always share your experience for someone who needs a hand. A lot of folks who are struggling haven't been to AA meetings, so it would be helpful to share your experience there!

Thanks for joining!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm awake in CT, and you're sharing helped me realize that I just have to worry about myself, 43 and single. I seldom think of how tough it must be for other people who have problems greater than me(self centered as I am) , and you are brave and so kind to be out there caring for your grandson when you have your own sobriety to worry about. I'm no expert, just trying again, a newbe again, but everything is so overwhelming to me and thats why I drink. Sometimes I don't realize that I'm lucky and my problems are small compared to others. So you just helped me. Good luck. Your right, people who think you can just put it down do not understand the disease at all.** AND don't be afraid to ask for rides, people love to do that stuff, it helps them too!!**
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 6 months Acm and welcome to SR This is a great place for support and I am sure you'll find it useful to you. There is a friends and family forum too if you wanted advice on how to cope with your daughter as well. Glad you're here x
Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SR is available 24/7, and it is so encouraging, helpful, and beneficial all at the same time. Plus, one thing I've found to be a real blessing in these early days of sobriety--the various forums help fill my time when I'm bored. They fill one niche that alcohol used to fill. looking forward to seeing more of your posts!