Notices

26 days

Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 days

I can usually make it 30 days and then I have a relapse but I feel really positive about this time. I am going to meetings, reading books on recovery, and have been watching shows and movies on recovery. Thank you for the new section on movies and shows!

I have been getting lots of headaches this time around. Just the last couple of weeks it started. Advil seems to work though.

I have been craving sugar like my life depends on it and have been eating everything in sight. Just recently on that as well. At least no weight gain and it's great how young I look with the bloating gone. I'm 30 and I recently got mistaken for a high school student.

I have been communicating much more openly with my boyfriend about everything. It's not easy but it's better than alcohol and all that mess that comes along with it.

I have been spending all my 'used to be for alcohol' money on clothes, nice makeup, shoes, and other things. I need to focus on saving soon. I'm not in debt but I am spending a lot on things I never used to spend money on; probably because I never had the money.

I recently took up smoking, only after AA meetings and visits with my mom. Those are stressful times.

But all in all I've been pretty good. I am planning that recovery will stick this time!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Patty, LOL yeah the money goes on other things but it makes you feel better about yourself. I think that's okay, since I am not drinking my money. So stupid. Anyway, I would rather eat, buy clothes and feel good about myself. Hey that picture, I have a long hair dog like that. His name is Gizmo.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DAB

You took up smoking after quitting drinking? At 30?
That seems about as wise as giving up pancakes but then deciding to start putting syrup on your salad.
Anyways, welcome to SR!
We are here for you! I hope your recovery sticks or at least you sticking to your recovery!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have smoked on and off in the past. I hadn't smoked for years because you couldn't smoke in the bars and it was usually too cold to go outside and I didn't want to waste time that could be spent on drinking. I only have a few cigarettes a week and will quit eventually... But thank you for the blunt advice, it is pretty stupid.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 26 days.I felt lousy at around the 1 month mark but 3 and a half months now and feel hundred times better. It really does get better. i was also nervous approaching relapse anniversaries but you canget through it and you'll feel fantastic.Stick with it