Notices

Mr. Pitiful

Old 03-23-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mr. Pitiful

I'm not a mister in real life... But I'm reminded of that song by some of my actions. I'm in a fog above everyone else thinking that I am entitled to waiting around for my depression to pass.

I have not been very honest with myself. Don't tell me not to worry that I'm not being productive enough. Don't tell me I need a break. Don't tell me not to be hard on myself. Don't tell me to give it time. Don't tell me to just let things happen....

That may have worked in the past, but those mantras have overstayed their welcome in my mind.

Don't comfort me right now, because I need a good swift kick in the ass.

Yeah I'm 49 days sober... but just because I'm not letting alcohol ruin my life doesn't mean that I'm not ruining it in other ways. (ie. depression...)

I've got a long way to go. I suppose I'll start with the dishes...

---Melvin---
Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Melivin,

I'm working my way out of depression too (144 days). But I have to work it, can't just think it. Doing the dishes is always a good start! And SoberRecovery is good for an attitude change.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Melvin,

I agree with Coldfusion. I've suffered with depression myself for 2 years and alcohol was a big part of that. You've got to want to help yourself, to help yourself. Even on the darkest days when you can't even get out of bed to face the day, you've got to dig deep and push yourself a little more out of it.

You've made a positive first step with joining here and writing your first post.

Hope to see you around the forum.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If you insist...

Old 03-23-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some days doing the dishes was a major achievement for me... A swift kink in the behind is definitely what I needed early on but I am not sure it wouldn't have pushed me over the edge. It's always important to make sure we're moving in the right direction though. Well done on 49 days x
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Uhhh.. depression seems like it hits me at some point every day!! And to be honest it sucks.

I try and just see it for what it is , then , sounds simple (not always) change the channel from the blues to the happy channel. Think myself happy, my subconscious starts listening to that station and amazingly enough the positive thoughts start taking over . Try it
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
If you insist...

<3 lol. Thank you
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SophieB View Post
Uhhh.. depression seems like it hits me at some point every day!! And to be honest it sucks.

I try and just see it for what it is , then , sounds simple (not always) change the channel from the blues to the happy channel. Think myself happy, my subconscious starts listening to that station and amazingly enough the positive thoughts start taking over . Try it
Thinking myself happy usually works pretty well actually.... I just need something extra... I'm not sure specifically what... To be honest, I'm impressed with how I am handling this. could always do better, but this is DEFINITELY an improvement.

--Melvin--