OT--Going away for a few days

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OT--Going away for a few days

I'm leaving early tomorrow for a business trip through next Thursday--giving a training in WV. LOL, my colleagues I will be there with are both big drinkers. Last time I was on a one-week training with them I got pretty bent out of shape with the group dinners that were all about the drink menu. I'm prepared--I found the local meeting list and will try to hit one on Tuesday or Wednesday. At least I will have a rental car this time, and be able to go off on my own without much hassle.

It's a shame--we will be staying at a lovely resort, but the weather prediction is awful--ICE PELLETS predicted for tomorrow, and possible snow in the following days.

I'm also a little stressed about how this will work--we have a LOT of material to cover, and I was mostly observing and helping out last time--this time I will be front-and-center through it all. I'm just working on staying on an even keel and trusting that it will all be fine.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting much for the next few days. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well, Lexie. And that you can relax a bit, too. I love traveling for work...it means a bed to myself with no dogs, and bath time uninterrupted by needy teenagers!

Ice pellets...LOL...its snowing here this morning. Springtime in Alaska!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that sounds exciting and a little scary!!! but I have NO doubt you will do an outstanding job!! ice pellets be damned!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sure you'll do great!

Oh, and they're calling for 6-12" of snow here, so ice pellets don't sound too bad!!

Happy Spring!!

C-OH Dad
Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
I'm sure you'll do great!

Oh, and they're calling for 6-12" of snow here, so ice pellets don't sound too bad!!

Happy Spring!!

C-OH Dad
What can I say--I'm a self-centered alcoholic. I have little empathy for other people's weather problems.

We haven't had a horrible winter here, by any stretch. But it's been sort of a sloppy, chilly end of winter, and I'm ready for some NICE weather. It's in the 50s there right now, but tomorrow it all goes to hell. Or so they say.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Lexie---I am from West Virginia (born there). North of Charleston. In the deep woods. Just like the pioneers. Mountain cabin, no running water, wood stove for heat, no electricity. Grew 90% of out own food. I lived there until school age with my grandmother, and spent every summer until high school. It was wonderful.

Lexie, you are going to do a fabulous job--after you get past the initial "stage fright". You are also going to find the sober people there and have a H*** of a good time.

I have every confidence in you.

dandylion---from "Almost Heaven, West Virginia"
Old 03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

At least I will have a rental car this time, and be able to go off on my own without much hassle.
I would love a rental car!
It is exciting, West Virginia is beautiful.
I know you will have a great time.

Beth

(wishing for spring, and getting nada! )
Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dear Lexie---I am from West Virginia (born there). North of Charleston. In the deep woods. Just like the pioneers. Mountain cabin, no running water, wood stove for heat, no electricity. Grew 90% of out own food. I lived there until school age with my grandmother, and spent every summer until high school. It was wonderful.

Lexie, you are going to do a fabulous job--after you get past the initial "stage fright". You are also going to find the sober people there and have a H*** of a good time.

I have every confidence in you.

dandylion---from "Almost Heaven, West Virginia"
Aw, too bad I am headed the other direction. I'm flying into Charleston, but we are staying in Daniels.

Incidentally, thanks for the ear worm. I finally got "Cecilia" out of my head and now I'm stuck with John Denver. Thanks a LOT.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lexie---close. I was born about 40 miles north of the Charleston airport. Sorry about the John Denver thing.........oh, well.

dandylion
Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lexie, you seem like you can do anything! I will miss you on SR.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

LC, hope you have a fantastic trip - I just know you're gonna kick some arse. You'll be missed around here!