Notices

Day 1

Old 03-22-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

I relapsed 10 months ago after being sober for 18 months. I still can't believe I was stupid enough to take that 1st drink. I went on an all-inclusive vacation last May with my bf and I drank. I had been on 3 other vacations before that and I never even thought about having a drink. Since that time, my life has once again spiraled out of control. Right after the vacation, I went right into alcoholic drinking. It's been a nightmare for these past few months.

This site helped me so much the first time around. I've been on here for the past couple of weeks just reading because I know that I have to stop now. I don't want 3, 4, 5 years to go by and still be drinking crazy.

I have a wonderful support system with my children. My mind is so cloudy that I can't remember what I used to do when I was sober. I work out daily but will now take my vitamin supplements and try to avoid any stress for the next couple of weeks.

All of your stories are so similar to mine. I appreciate all of you for posting. It really helps to know that you are not alone.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted and that you want to get things back on track.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad you came back to talk about it, mmh. You can get it right this time around, and never go back there.

I did a similar thing - had 3 yrs. sober and decided to have 'a glass' of wine on a date. I hadn't told the person I didn't drink. That glass of wine led to many that night - and off I went for 7 yrs. Thankfully, you caught yourself before things went too far. I don't know why I picked up again either - I did it without thinking at all. If I'd known about SR at the time, it would have made all the difference to me.

Good job on giving this another shot - you're going to do it this time.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna and Hevyn for your responses. Last night I got into with my adult daughter and I only remember parts of the argument. But I know it was my fault because I drank a big bottle of chardonnay. All I could do today is cry because I'm so disappointed in myself that I let this happen again.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tears are cleansing, but don't cry too long. Get right back up on the wagon with a new strength and determination and you can do it this time.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mmh364 View Post
I relapsed 10 months ago after being sober for 18 months. .
Whatever worked that 18 months will work again. You know what that is right?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mmh364

D