Notices

day 4 and Friday night cravings just hit me!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4 and Friday night cravings just hit me!

Things going well apart from an upset stomach but the cravings have just hit me so bad! !! I have nothing in the house but shops are so close by.
I need to distract myself as I normally sit drinking whilst watching TV. It's just me and my son and he wants to sit in and watch a film.

Sat her in tears as the cravings are so so strong x
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep staying strong!!! Love on your son and try to let the movie distract you. If it's too much, get do something else that you don't normally do while drinking. For me I would have the cleanest toilet in the world. You are doing great and can pull through this!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fridays are the worst for lot's of folks. You're not alone with that one!

What helps me is to have something to do. Anything. Doesn't really matter.
Could be painting a masterpiece or cleaning toilets.

Once I get my hands busy the mind tends to follow.

Oh, and other times I gave myself a reward for not drinking. Ice cream, chocolate... whatever.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay strong bagpuss, think how far you've come.
Try and rationalise the craving for what it is, just a craving. If you drink what benefit is alcohol going to give you? It will just numb the craving till tomorrow and make you feel awful. Whereas if you fight it, you're one step closer to being stronger and more able to fight these off.

You're doing brilliantly, 4 days is a massive achievement. Focus on that.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’m on Day Four, too! I totally get where you are coming from. I just got in from a walk to help avoid the cravings. How about playing a board game with your son to keep you distracted? Maybe a book or writing in a journal?

No matter what takes your mind off it, think about how good a sober Saturday morning is going to feel. Stay strong!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. ..I love this board!!!
This is the hardest it's been for me by far. Well done on day 4 Murdock

My dogs jut peed on the floor. ..talk about a distraction! ! God sure has a sense of humour!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on day 1 and thinking about my cravings as well especially since it is friday I have 2 kids so I am going to focus 100% on them. I am going to look them in the eyes and remind myself I am doing this for them because they deserve way more than what a drunk mommy could offer. You can do this!!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4

Do whatever you have to do to not drink,go to bed when your son is in bed,eat,drink water,have a bath,read,watch another movie,anything

Trust me you will feel wonderful tomorrow when you wake up sober. Every day feels great sober but Saturdays are extra special waking up sober
Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fridays have always been tough for me as well (my drug of choice is painpills). Just try to distract yourself. Get a diet soda and some popcorn and watch the movie with your son. Take something like immodium for your stomach cramps. I feel that my cravings are worse when I have stomach cramps! It's weird but if my body is ok my mind is ok...Good Luck and don't give in! :-)
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are doing this day 4 was hard for me also, I knew it would because I hadn't made it pass that magic day 4, so I ask someone to come hang out wit me. I woke on day 5 knowing I really can do this. 103day for me. do whatever it takes for you to get past this day. hugs
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

I have a lot of day 1's. I was doing pretty good and then a coworker bought me a bottle of my favorite vodka. I figured I could just have one (said that a million times) and drank 1/3 of the bottle. The next day I felt like crap so I drank more. The next day the bottle was almost gone so I finished it so that I could start over. The thought process is so strange. I am a single mom and have found that I drink because I am so frickin lonely. I love the kids and we have fun together but damn it is tough. Nights are hardest for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mindfulness

What is Urge Surfing?

I find this works too