Notices

For those who quit for 3 days then go back

Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

For those who quit for 3 days then go back

I just had this thought, this epiphany. Thought I'd share.

I remember posting here a couple of years ago, maybe 2? About how I was going to quit. I think I got 2, maybe 3 days and then drank again. Maybe not even that.

So I was thinking, what was different about that time vs. now? Well, I didn't tell anyone! I told you all here, but that's pretty anonymous. I didn't tell my husband I was going to quit, the one I spend most of my time with. I didn't tell anybody.

For me personally, I needed accountability. I had to tell my husband I needed help in quitting and couldn't stop drinking once I started. That was the key. After I pretty much bared my soul to him, I couldn't very well drink on day 2. That's how I thought about it anyway.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

One other thing. I vividly remember this. On day 2, I just didn't want to do it anymore. It was too hard. I didn't have anyone to talk to, to hang with. I didn't know what to do when I got home. I was LOST. I started thinking of living my life and never having a drink, ever again. That was too enormous of a thought, and it was much easier to just have a drink.

So drink I did, until Jan. 1, 2012 -- when I finally had enough of the insane merry go round I was on.