Notices

Need Advice

Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Advice

Hello,

I am new today. But have read the posts and have been to this website many times. The past three years has been filled with drug use and a very abusive boyfriend.

When we met, I was excited about life for varuious reasons!! Just graduated grad school, had great friends, wonderful son and was exercising all the time. So i felt and looked great.

We met at a bar and he opened my hand which he dumped a line of coke into. I took it, had done it a few times over the years, not really my thing. Well he whooed with all a girl can wish for. Pretty soon he had moved in and took over my life with drugs and abuse (both physical and verbal). Then I became pregnant three months with the promise everything would stop.

December of that year while pregnant he offered me a crack pipe with a hit. I took it and was addicted. It helped numb the pain of, why doesnt he love me and what is so wrong with me...He conituned to tell me broken promises and the cycle of abuse continued.

Thank god my daughter is okay!!! We had lost power, my car repossed, evicted etc. Luckily, I did not loose my job ( almost) and he barely worked. Anyway this past month in went into rehab with the promises yet again.

Only when he wants something, and is sooo good with words!!! Also, he makes it a point to threaten me when I say I dont want to be together.
I have been clean since he went in and am myself. Help!!!! I am pretty sure he is a sociopath. Of course he says he is changing, but all words!!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get rid of him and never look back.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Violence is never acceptable and is a deal-breaker as far as I can see.

Once violence occurs in a relationship, it's going to happen again.

Get you and your child out of there while you can. Go to a woman's shelter and take care of yourselves.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Run. You have a degree and you can start over. More than most people.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please pack up and get the heck out of dodge! With his rages and violent behavior, I fear for your and your children's safety. Way to go being sober. That is wonderful and really shows how toxic he is. Best wishes, I will keep you in my thoughts!