Notices

Full time job....1 day a week.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Full time job....1 day a week.

to Screwedville, Ca. Please enjoy the music while we locate your party that has lost her brain in a ditch somewhere between Stable and Psychotic.
So, I got a job that WAS full time. At least that is what the add read. I have finally heard back from the employer through text mind you, and I work on Thursday. That is it. 6 hours covering a shift for someone. Moving is looking more and more appealing. I think I will move. I think that my fears and intuition were valid. Im not sure what is going on anymore. All signs point to "A blank stare in the face of financial disaster"

( or they point to this WOW face)
Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Dunno what to tell ya, but that sounds bogus to me...

Definitely don't think a drink or drug would help me in your situation.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Mizzuno)) - I was hired for a job that stressed "you are ONLY part time, you will not receive a lot of hours".

I was unemployed for 6 months, something was better than nothing. After a few months of working 56-60 hours/week, they have now cut mine (and everyone else's) hours to 32/week. Can't pay bills on that amount, not going to work.

I've built up a good reputation with this company and my clients. I'm getting work on the side.

Will it be what I need? I have no idea. I just know that for today? It's okay.

FWIW, I have a lot of bad references from the days when I was using. I recently finished school in another area and it's not what I'm doing now.

I need all the GOOD references I can get. Reliable, dependable? Oh yeah, I need all of those recommendations to counteract the "no, we would not rehire her" references from back when I was using.

I'm not saying stick with this job. I'm just pointing out how I've gone about doing something that's not in my area, not providing the hours I need (though it did for a while). I've gotten some really good references from this job that wasn't going to give me what I needed.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mizz=

Whatever else happens your sobriety can give you a strong foundation.

You got this job. Now you have time to move or look for another!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

"Be not so busy making a living that you forget to make a life"

If you feel your opportunities will be better in a new place, it might be just the time to make a move when nothing is holding you back.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The place where I work has almost no one working full-time, ever. It doesn't matter if one of the part-time people wants full-time hours, the company divides the hours among numerous part-timers. It favors the company - no benefits, lots of people on the hook they can call and no commitment to anyone. It works fine for me, but I work with many younger people who are trying to pay rent and bills, etc and they all invariably end up with two part-time jobs, sometimes three. All the while, they are hoping that one of the jobs gets more firm, close to full-time hours and sometimes it happens.