Notices

Little things mean a lot

Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Little things mean a lot

I see here all the time about the little things that we notice with prolonged abstinence.

Well...... MY COKE NOSE IS GONE! Woo hoo!

No more constant running.

No more "what the hell just came out of my face?" - sorry I know gross but true!

No more bloody sneezes.

No more carrying around tissues all day. I was looking like my grandmother with them tucked in her sleeve. God rest her soul.

I recently had a cat scan and they said there was "inflammation" that I am sure has gotten better.

Just saying....
Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate to all of those things. It also feels great to not feel like I am going to have a heart attack when walking to the kitchen in the morning. As well as hearing the birds chirp in the morning because I just woke up instead of freaking because I am still awake.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So true! I hated seeing the sunrise on my addiction! Uhhgg.

Also I always had a coke board. Now I use it for what it's supposed to be. A cutting board.

My credit cards don't have packed in coke from me cutting.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Here's my little delight...

My toe nails are growing and healthy! I thought my little toe nails were going to disappear, and my other nails were all cracked and misshapen. I'm not afraid of wearing open shoes now!

Now if I could just figure out what to do with all those corkscrews and wineglasses...
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My hair is growing back and I don't have a million panic attacks every day.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Night owl

I can actually breathe through my nose, my sinuses don't get so blocked with oxy pill powder that I can't even breathe! A bit gross but--what is weird is now I'm not snorting I have this sore area in one of my nostrils that just wont heal--it was never there before. Maybe it's just a late to heal area, or maybe there to remind me to not snort?

My arms and legs and all over look better. No bruises and fresh track marks. I have scars but they are there to remind me where I've been.

This morning I was really thinking about this kind of stuff and one thing that I really just realized today is no more black hole memory. When I was using I couldn't remember anything, stuff would just disappear into the black hole and it was getting scary. Now I can concentrate and focus more, pay attention, and remember things.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I hated the sun so much I actually put tin foil on my windows.. So I could continue to use and hide out till dark again..

I swear there was nothing worse than using all night and having to get more in the daylight, I couldnt get back to the dark fast enough..

Today I like the sunrise if I am up for it.. And love the windows being open..
Old 03-18-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I stayed up the other night from 11:00 - 3:00 am to look after my new grandson so that my daughter could get some uninterrupted sleep. When she woke up she said "I'm so glad you're here". Made my heart feel good.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post
I hated the sun so much I actually put tin foil on my windows.. So I could continue to use and hide out till dark again..

I swear there was nothing worse than using all night and having to get more in the daylight, I couldnt get back to the dark fast enough..

Today I like the sunrise if I am up for it.. And love the windows being open..
I can relate, HappyDestiny! I am a nightowl by nature, and before my addiction took over did a ton of stargazing finding galaxies, nebulae, star clusters.

But after I got lost in addiction I didn't like or spend much time in the daytime either. Somehow I felt a little more justified in using after it was nighttime. Sadly, that reminded me all to much of my alcoholic parent--I did NOT like that comparison!

Now, I'm still a night owl but I am appreciating the daytime more.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wine Glasses

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Here's my little delight...

My toe nails are growing and healthy! I thought my little toe nails were going to disappear, and my other nails were all cracked and misshapen. I'm not afraid of wearing open shoes now!

Now if I could just figure out what to do with all those corkscrews and wineglasses...
I had a huge collection of wine and champagne glasses. I kept a small set of each, and donated the rest.....making room for new glasses for non alcoholic drinks and new memories!