Notices

Um new to this

Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Um new to this

Well I mover to texes in july of 12 when my boyfriend died. With him I did alot of pills and weed I have fibromyalga so I still have to take some stuff but I dont take the ones I did then. The man im with now thinks a hole defrent way then I do and sometimes when we talk I feel like I just dont understand what he is trying to say. I'm looking for help on how to rethink things about life. I want to have a new good clean life just dont know really how to do that. I have been around pills my hole life my mom has lupas and has been taking pills as long as I can remember. Well thats all I have to say for now any advice would be great thanks.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. Maybe just a couple of quick questions to help clarify your situation. What do you mean by pills? Are you abusing your prescriptions? How long have you thought you have a problem? Any consequences from your using, work, money, relationships? What have you done so far to try and quit?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's a link to our substance abuse forum. You might be interested in that.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR ahunt. I hope you'll find some answers here. This is a great place, with understanding people who know what you're going through.

As least pointed out above - the Drug Addiction Forum might be very helpful for you & is worth checking out. We're glad you joined us.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by FamilyMan2153 View Post
Welcome. Maybe just a couple of quick questions to help clarify your situation. What do you mean by pills? Are you abusing your prescriptions? How long have you thought you have a problem? Any consequences from your using, work, money, relationships? What have you done so far to try and quit?
No im taking my meds right. The pills I took were z's,hydros,somas,percs,valumes,coladapins. I have been taking pills sence I was 19 so 12 years now off and on. On the consequence question yes there has been with my first husband who died in 05 he had a heart attack but he took pills and smoked weed thats where I started and then in 09 I was with somene who was strate and I had a friend who smoked and after a year he and I got together and the month we got together his family got busted for meth and he went to jail cuz he went to check on them when it happend and he had a worent so anyway yea oh and the sameone I was talking about just now he died in july of 2012 he OD on methadone so. I had a brake down in july after he died and whent in to a hospital well had to the cops took me there. When I got out I moved here and I havent done anything but my screps from the doc. I have gottin drunk tho a few times so Idk if that means that I start over with the date of when I failed. Sorry about the spelling and going on for ever but thank you for asking me my man that Im with he is a strate and narrow guy never has done anything like me so when I talk to him he gets mad any dosent understand why I did some of the stuff I did and it makes me feel bad about my life.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All is Change

sometimes leaving a few pamphlets around, a book maybe as reading material, is a good idea and then not make an issue of it. It can work. I don't see any harm in trying that.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Red face

Well I realy dont know what to say I stopped doing anything in july of last year. manly cuz no where to get anything and im not looking around where I moved to. But I do crave a lot of the things I stopped doing. I dont understand when I talk to my boyfriend about this stuff he has never done any tipe of drugs and he gets up set at me. My family is nuts mom has lupus and hates me for all tipes of things and everyone that has ever met her cant stand her. When my secent man died in july of last year my uncle helpped me out and I moved in with him. One day he started gettin pissed off about stupped stuff and I told him never mind Ill do it my self he wanted me to say sorry to him for being a stupid woman and that just wosent going to fly with me soo I told him no and that he was being a male pig and that did go so well he kicked me and my 9 year old son out in the middle of the night so my boy friend of 1 month let me move in with him. Well after all my son has been thro I desided to ask his dead dads sister to take him for awhile so he went to alabama a few weeks age so Im just deprest down in a new world and trying to stay strate well hell stuff happens right
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll find a lot of support here ahunt.

have you thought about real life support too - things like NA or AA , or some other recovery group where you can have a sober network of friends and support?

D