Notices

New here - hoping for some advice and support

Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here - hoping for some advice and support

Hi All,

I'm the girlfriend of a partner who has been using methamphetamine on and off for 9 years. We've been together over a year and I thought we had a wonderful relationship until I recently discovered he was using again and not just using but distributing to make money as he was suffering financial issues. I've known for 6 weeks, and as it was quite a shock to me I've probably not handled the situation very well, and in his words 'my reactions have led to his binges.' He is meant to be cleaning up his act this week, but after a visit to his home today I'm not sure that's the case. I'm lost. I feel helpless. It's an extremely complex set of situations within this one issue and I guess I was hoping to join this community for some guidance and support. I suffer myself with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and Panic Disorder so I'm working with a therapist on my own issues but it makes it even harder to deal with this situation when you throw in my state of mind.

I guess this is my introduction to say hi and let you all know a bit about me and I'll go from here hopefully with some good solid advice and a place to vent.

Hope I've introduced myself correctly and covered all the bases for first time posts.

Hopeful and melancholic.

Blanca
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I'd suggest you post your questions and situation in the friends and family forum for feedback from folks who have been in your situation. You'll find lots of support here!

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information