Notices

Uncontrollable munchies

Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uncontrollable munchies

Hello.
This is my first post, so here's a little background. I've been toking for at least the past 15 years with the past 5 years toking pretty heavily (wake_n_bake). I've read from alot of people here that pot makes them more anti-social, whereas I'm the complete opposite. I am very introverted and much prefer to smoke by myself but it also makes me feel way more comfortable in social situations. To make it even more complicated, my job is both extremely stressful yet very creative, so I find myself working better stoned then sober.

All this to say that the main reason I am trying to quit apart from the obvious health and economic reasons, is that I get HORRIBLE, UNcontrollable munchies. I'm sure that I'm eating 3000+ calories worth of munchies. Most heads tell me that it goes away with time but mine have been even worse for me as time goes on. This drastically adds to the economic and health concerns that I already have. I wonder if I have a eating disorder that is exacerbated by pot. Or maybe something to do with hypoglycemia? Has anyone else suffered from this? Or have info?

Every bag, is my last bag ..... until my next bag! I muster up so much motivation to quit, write down my reasons along with my start date but RIGHT away, the first day my mind already starts with the sabotage. "No worries, you got this, just smoke at night and don't eat a thing", "It's better to smoke, helps alleviate stress and helps you sleep" etc etc etc. It s strange, I feel like I am a boring person both internally and externally if I don't smoke. Anyways, I guess I am just rambling without anything really to say. Thank you to anybody who has taken the time and if there are any others out there who have suffered with this addiction and more specifically anyone who has suffered with this addiction & uncontrollable munchies please let me know I'm not the only one
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Quix

How long have you been clean/sober?
In my experience the appetite thing usually settled down after a couple of weeks?

Most of us feel like taking away pour drug of choice will leave us colorless dull & boring - but in fact I rediscovered the real me - and I liked what I found.

I hope you decide to give it a chance

D
Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DAB

Ahhh, the munchies! Only fill your kitchen with fruits and vegetables. Then you are at least eating healthy. I still get the munchies when I am stressed, it's one of my last vices. Progress, that's all I wish for. Baby steps in the right direction.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've never tried to quit weed so I can't offer any advice on that specifically, but regarding the munchies thing, have you considered it's the kinds of food you're eating that are causing more munchies? Stuff liker simple cards - breads, refined sugars, cereals - these actually increase hunger when you eat them. Have you tried snacking on more protein and complex cards like veggies and fruits to see if you eat less when you do eat? Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

22 months weed free, it can be done!

Congrats to YOU!!!!