Notices

Anxious lately-AV talking

Old 03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious lately-AV talking

Hey all,
I have been so anxious lately and today my AV is getting loud. I used to drink for all feelings but my primary reason was to make my anxiety go away. Of course the next day I always felt worse. I like sobriety and I won't drink. I just hate that my mind is starting to fantasize about it I am hoping tomorrow will be better, just feeling that old impending sense of doom. And a homesickness I used to feel when in the depths of my drinking. I look back now and think that homesickness may have to do with just wanting inner peace. I'd love to get to a meeting but can't until tomorrow. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

You are doing AWESOME. You know what to do. Stay strong, go to bed early, and get to that meeting tomorrow!

Imagine how happy you will feel tomorrow when you have victory over that nasty old AV
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You can go ahead and feel those feelings. We all do. Anxiety, homesickness, impending doom. Part of being human.

Think about this: you had them before and drinking didn't make them go away. Drinking just made them worse and made you feel even worse the next day.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

great advice here Quit...remember - feelings are not facts

D
Old 03-17-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
You can go ahead and feel those feelings. We all do. Anxiety, homesickness, impending doom. Part of being human.

Think about this: you had them before and drinking didn't make them go away. Drinking just made them worse and made you feel even worse the next day.
I can't say anything better than this - but from your post you know it already. You can do this. Feel the emotions and fight the AV!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all...it helps so much just to know I am not alone even when I am in my apartment alone, if that makes sense lol Netflix is the best $8 a month investment I have made during my sobriety. Been reading around SR and watching my fave shows. "feeling" the icky stuff but having hope I will feel better tomorrow. Thanks again, you guys are so helpful! <3
Old 03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Take a virtual vacation to relax

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Hey all,
I have been so anxious lately . Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Well it's St Paddy's Day and you didn't drink. So way to go! I am really proud of you. Feelings are not fact. They will pass. Just ride it till bed time and it will be the start to a brand new day. You will wake up and say Wow! It was possible to have uncomfortable feelings and I didn't die or anything. Once you do it a few times you will realize you can do it more . The days will get easier. Listen to some soft music. Here's a link to a virtual vacation. ha ha! It's the waves on the ocean. I watch it in the dark on my laptop on my bed. It is very relaxing.

Those Relaxing Sounds of Waves, Tropical Beaches with Ocean Sounds, 1080p HD Video - YouTube Just maximize ur screen and take a little vacation! I love it!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you deeker! Your posts always inspire me, really liked the one you posted today...I needed to be reminded to have gratitude I will def check out the video...been longing to hear the waves!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was having this same problem a few days ago. A battle in my head or the AV rearing its ugly head. I also drank for anxiety, but DO NOT want to go back there. It was painful and I endured hell on earth to drink. Yuk! Anyway I can totally relate.