Notices

Getting real with my husband.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting real with my husband.

Ok, my sobriety is mine. And mine alone. I put in the effort and I have to watch for warning signs. I have to be careful of people places and things. I have to set boundaries, not because I riding him, but because I have to watch out for me. I need to share my feelings, what I comfortable with, and what makes me cringe. I do know that I can't change anyone. I don't intend to. I have to change how I act or react. However, if I ask for him to see things my way, or respect my so Recovery and things don't change, then well, I may have to take my path in a different direction. I'm not responsible for his actions, but I am responsible for mine. And when I start to push my beliefs to the side to keep someone else comfortable, i put my sobriety in jeopardy.

Quitting drinking is so much more than putting the drink down, it's about picking up our life and living it for us! Best wishes to you all and welcome to any newcomers! Day 21 here!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think anyone who really loves us will surely understand how important this is to us, even if they may not understand alcoholism or addiction itself.

Wishing you the best FT

D
Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I get it. I love my wife a lot but at times especially a month ago she seemed to want to sabotage me. I don't know if on purpose. Maybe she felt she lost some control over me, with me sober 24/7?

I let her know in no uncertain terms that this sobriety deal is my number 1 priority. Without it I lose everything (ie: my life). So if a person place or thing is blocking me from recovery, it has to be removed from my life. Doesn't sound nice but its the truth for me.

She has come around a lot since then