Notices

Keeping going

Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping going

Hi, had a really stressfull day in work yesterday and bought wine-but went to the cinema with a friend so the intense cravings passed by the time I got home so I threw it away!
I should feel pleased but I feel really down today and very emotionally all over the place. Is it normal to be really up and down when giving up drinking?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good on ya for throwing it out

It's very normal to feel all over the place in the early days but it really does get better.every time you have a craving and don't give in you'll feel so much stronger too
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I think I`ve had more of a problem than I first thought. Going out with a friend rather than just going home helped-think I`ll have a quiet day today and see my Mum tonight.
I think I`ll have to put a little programme together for myself. I hope you are having a good week. Thanks for the help :-)
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Totally normal for your emotions to be up and down and all over the place. Keep on staying sober and you'll settle down after a while.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good going on pouring it out.
I've probably thrown out more booze than most moderate drinkers drink in a year.
Stay focused on your recovery. Your emotions may be all over the place. You're ridding yourself of a toxin. This to will pass with time.

Best to you.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Sandgirl, by the time I got home so I threw it away! You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. 2 years 8 months sober and I'm still on the emotional rollercoaster, but notso much as in the beginning. You can do it.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Did you ever believe you were strong enough to throw out your booze like that? Sobriety brings you so much strength. Prepare yourself to be amazed because your going to show yourself all those tricks you've had hidden up your sleeve. <3
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all, thats really encouraging! :-). Great to know people are managing to stay t total- I gives me hope that I can cope without drinking and my emotions will eventually calm down. Hope you`re all having a good week :-).