Notices

One is too many and three not enough

Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One is too many and three not enough

I have been struggling to control my drinking for years but my last binge on March 5th lasted 4 days and in that time I did not leave my room. Told my spouse and son I was "sick" so they would leave me alone so I could finish my 5th of vodka in peace. I really did not care about anything. My spouse and son found the bottle near my bed. He called my Dad to come get me and take me to the hospital. I just went to my parents and detoxed there with some ativan I had. My spouse won't let me come home until I get help. I have no job or money since I'm a stay at home mom but my parents are so great, they're letting me "rest and retreat" here. My son won't answer his phone, he's 11 and my spouse has taken him to al anon meetings. THE S$&) REALLY HIT THE FAN! In the past week I've gotten much better, been exercising and eating fresh foods. I've gotten really fat and finally feel like doing something about it. I've also secured 2 very promising job interviews for next week that are in my field. I've been looking for over a year and that kind of helped with stressing me out to drink. Hell, everything is an excuse to drink. The funny thing is, I didn't even feel like drinking when I started this binge mess. I had suprise company show up with wine and lunch and I kept the party going long after they left. I need support for my recovery.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Aborigine!

Just stick with us and we'll help you stay sober!

Congratulations on landing the interviews!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are really turning a few aspects of your life around so be proud of yourself And remember, it's always that first drink that gets us drunk. Stay away from that and things will fall into place as they should. Glad you are here, keep us posted as to how you are doing
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Aborigine...welcome;u're in the right place @ the right time! Admitting u have a prob w/ alcohol is the 1st step then you do whatever it takes to stay sober coz u'll never drink the way other folks do...don't worry that there's no fun while sober-its a LIE from the pit of hell so u can remain in a sorry pathetic feeling sorry for u're self contantly..3rd join AA near you & get a sponsor prefably an old timer so u can start working on the steps asap!
U're life's not over..I wanted to quit but my sponsor & the men in my network told me they loved me(none of my drinking buddies ever told me that) and now things are starting to clear up...I still have probation to deal w/ but definately prefer handling it sober!
Wish u the best & never give up
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Aborigine!

Glad you've joined us! I think most of us found that we couldn't stop drinking on our own and needed support to quit. I'm glad your parents are being supportive right now and glad you're reaching out today.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Aborigine!
I'm glad you joined us. You took a very courageous first step.
Keep sharing and reading posts. I think you will find a lot of support here just like I did.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also just joined this group. I've been sober for almost four months. I've just started to explore this group and it's so full of positive support. Like you I felt like I didn't want to drink but I always did it anyway. I didn't realize back then that I needed to break that cycle. I was always drinking and doing the same things but expecting different results. As for the withdrawals they will pass, don't be afraid to go threw it... Soon enough you'll be waking up feeling like a million bucks. You have days of love and joy to look forward to after this stage is over
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

well come to the best party on earth for those with drinking problems
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Welcome aboard.

Putting down the drink, was the best thing I ever did for myself. Because then I was able to be of us to others..

Its not an easy road, and it is not one to try to take alone..

Keep reading and posting..
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, welcome aboard. Like you I couldn't stop. This board and other means of support have helped me to do so.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Have you looked into a rehab or a method for staying stopped? I would put that as a priority over getting a job right now, work on me and my recovery, and save my family (husband and son).

You can stay stopped!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

If you need to clear your calendar for 4 days after you've had 1 drink, you've joined the right website.

For me, it took SR and the face to face aspect of AA to get sober.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all, today is getting much better. Just came from my cousin's graduation commencement without my spouse and son, now have to face the entire family with the cat out of the bag at the luncheon. Just got off the phone with my son who I haven't spoken to since the incident. I feel good and no urge to drink. Now.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you! Stay strong and hang in there. Your son is counting on you and needs you to do this.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for acing up to this and getting through it.

It sounds like you're doing well with job-searching too, and I hope that works out for you.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

No urge to drink now is good.
A number of folks here remind me on a regular basis that "now" is all we have.
And it's always now.