Blessings in disquise.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blessings in disquise.

A little different post for me today. I'm actually feeling very blessed right now. I was able to get to an Al-Anon meeting this morning with my sponsor. Brought my girls with me and everyone was tickled to see them. I haven't been able to get to that meeting in awhile because of the gas situation. A woman that I've only met once before came up to me afterwards and put a bill in my daughter's diaper bag.She said it was for gas, insisted that AI took it and said that I'd I keep coming back that she will make sure that I always have enough money for gas to get there!!! What an angel! After that my grandmother asked me to come by a pick up a vacuum clean since mine bit the dust a few days ago.It's like brand new. Then, my sponsor asked if she could treat my girls and I to McDonald's play place for lunch. She even picked up something for my boys to have after school! She said that it was a blessing to her to be able to do it!When I got home I began to realize how this is the first time since my husband's addiction went full blown that I have had gas in my vehicle, tolietries,diapers, ect.With no money! My landlord told me awhile back that if I just relied (on God and stuck with my husband (not that I had to live under the same roof with him a put up with his junk)that I would be blessed. She's not asking for ANY rent until I'm on my feet. I'm getting some winter help with utilities. I haven't asked for a thing. And (pat myself on the back) my husband and mother in law have been begging me to come see the baby and I for 2 days and I've blown them off!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow! What a great post! Thank you for sharing! With God's help, we can do so much!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. God Bless you and your wonderful children. Hang in there. I truly believe that people are put in our lives for a reason. You're an awesome mom.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow that is so awesome!!! I am glad you had a good day. I agree with supportforme, that people are put in our lives for a reason. I think God is working through these people...it is such an awesome story to hear. Hope things continue to go well! When you are having a bad time remember this day and how many people you have supporting and rooting for you! You're doing great.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My mother raised me to believe that God would provide for our needs. Life has shown me how very right she was.

I am so glad that you have all this support and help right now. When times get better and you pay it forward, the gift keeps growing.

Life is good.

Hugs
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post. It is so true. I only get offsides when I forget that I don't have to worry because everything I need will be provided.

My Mom taught me this lesson, too. One Christmas, I didn't know it but she had nothing for the four of us. Christmas Eve a check came in the mail from a relative that had no idea things were so bad. I remember that year as my best Christmas ever. I got a baton and Barbie clothes which my Brother who like to play Santa hid on our Christmas Tree.

That money came out of the blue. That particular relative wasn't in the habit of sending us money.

I have has so many experiences with this sort of thing that it would be impossible to think they are only coincidence.

Thank you for sharing with us! It helps me remember, too.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I believe to that all will be provided for you!

I am so happy for you!!

It's good when we have a good day It gives you that much needed energy to move forward and not back, Doesn't it?