Notices

Caffiene Sensitive after quitting

Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Caffiene Sensitive after quitting

Hey all,
Hope everyone is doing well! I have noticed that I have an extreme sensitivity to caffiene since I quit drinking. Maybe I always was but just too hungover (or drunk) to notice? I am not complaining as it is nice to "feel" reactions in my body now Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I actually had the opposite. I couldn't handle caffeine AT ALL towards the end. Raised my anxiety levels--- that were already high from the hangover---through the roof. Also did some rather unpleasant things to me physically...no doubt in combo with the alcohol in my system again.

I can finally drink a cup of coffee in the morning again without feeling like I am going to crawl/rattle out of my skin.

But I assume things like this work both ways so I am sure your reaction is totally normal too!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true Ptcapote..seems it can work both ways. I am anxious by nature but since getting sober I feel so much calmer. The anxiety the morning after drinking was just so terrible...never want to go through that again!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im not sure if I noticed it, I used to mix my drinks with caffeine sodas.
I literally went from "one bottle to another" I guess you could say. I put down the vodka, but now drink Diet Mt Dew all day/evening long!
I figure if thats the worse thing I drink the rest of my life, Im doing alot better than I was the last several years.

On the up side like you said at least you are FEELING again. Been a while for alot of us huh!

Peace
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am very sensitive to caffeine after drinking, as well - I actually avoided caffeine during hang overs because of the added anxiety. I have been contemplating how the highs & lows of caffeine during the day affect my mood, though, and how it maybe could have an influence on my wanting to drink. I gave it up for 2 days (just a few days ago) and felt like I was in a complete fog, so I resumed as I have stuff to get done. Are you a big coffee drinker? Maybe you feel more sensitive because you have more energy in general now that you're prob getting better quality sleep without the alcohol.