When do I graduate from the school of hard knocks

Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So after a few months...... Here I am again defeated and exhausted and ready to pick myself up by the bootstraps.

The details - Although I stopped posting I kept reading. I am active in my church, and for the first time in years I am opened up spiritually again. I do a lot of reading. I am working full time again at a job that I love. For the most part I wake up happy.

Active drug use is not a major player in the house. Addicted Other, still resides with me. AO was sober for over 60 days, and in three weeks used 3 times. AO is currently at 2 1/2 weeks sober.

Whether it be early recovery or just the personality of AO, I made the choice to no longer live this way. I know I made those choices before, but I always based it on AO's drug use. Now I am basing it on his personality and way I am allowing myself to be treated. I know that I thought if I treated him the way I want to be treated and if I caved everytime he asked

I need to allow myself to be treated better.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When you're darn good and ready.....and not a moment sooner.

I need to allow myself to be treated better
It starts with treating yourself better.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

darn computer shut off - then the phone rang.

I know that it all starts with me. No one is going to treat me better than how I treat myself.

I know the work that I need to do lays in front of me. it is up to me to do the work.

I started so strong this year and I hate that I found myself right back where I didn't want to be.

It was another lesson that I had to learn from.

Hopefully maybe I have an A- or B+ on the final exam.

I am ready to go no contact finally.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was another lesson that I had to learn from.
It seems that the lessons never seem to stop for me. Although I am doing so much better than I was, I know that I still have many, many lessons to learn. And my HP, in his infinite wisdom, keeps handing me those opportunities to get it right.

I appreciate when I get the opportunity to "take the exam" on any given matter again. It gives me a chance to improve. And I get pretty pumped when I take care of myself well in a situation where I might not have done so well in the past.

You're doing ok, Carrie. Don't be too hard on yourself.

gentle hugs
ke