Notices

Job interview and step work

Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Job interview and step work

Hey all,
So, I interviewed today for a job. Maybe they will call, maybe they wont. At this point in time I have no other option but to take the first line of work that comes my way. Tomorrow, I will be heading out to my friends to get some demos set up. This could be very lucrative. It will take awhile to get the money coming in, but after a few weeks things will be steady. As of right now, I have one opportunity and a potential opportunity.
I am sitting down tonight to get my 1st step done. My anxiety is still running rampant, but I can focus and see that this too shall pass. All in time and with patience. With opening to the world, i am able to see the opportunities that are in front of me. They are not in the form that i thought they would be at all. I am so grateful and so blessed.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job! Glad to hear you moving forward. The first steps out of the bottom are tough but they sure as hell better than staying down there. Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling positive. Eckhart Tolle talks about accepting what 'is' and how important that is so that we can begin to move forward again. And, accepting what 'is' doesn't mean it's what we might have chosen, but if we resist what 'is', we will only cause pain for ourselves.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're feeling positive. Eckhart Tolle talks about accepting what 'is' and how important that is so that we can begin to move forward again. And, accepting what 'is' doesn't mean it's what we might have chosen, but if we resist what 'is', we will only cause pain for ourselves.
That Eckhart Tolle is one smart man. The only way up is to start climbing. Ive been handed a gift. It needs to be cherished......Not on my terms, but on life's terms.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is inspiring to me. I've been living off my retirement for months because I simply CANNOT seem to bring myself to actually buckle down and job hunt. It just seems to fill me with fear and dread. I'll read the list of qualifications for a particular position and it's like all I can see are the ones I DON'T have. But it is seriously getting to be crunch time. Once I get my a$$ in gear I hope that I'll also see some of the opportunities you now do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
This is inspiring to me. I've been living off my retirement for months because I simply CANNOT seem to bring myself to actually buckle down and job hunt. It just seems to fill me with fear and dread. I'll read the list of qualifications for a particular position and it's like all I can see are the ones I DON'T have. But it is seriously getting to be crunch time. Once I get my a$$ in gear I hope that I'll also see some of the opportunities you now do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Right before my retirement, I read a job description that sounded perfect--EXCEPT it would have required me to relocate to DC. I kicked it around with my ex husband (long story short he has been sober 33 years to my four and a half and we are still good friends), and he encouraged me to go for it--that the job, which involved a lot of interesting travel, and focused on something that I love, could be a great experience. So I applied, got through all the interviews--and didn't get the job.

The first week of retirement, I read a description for an almost identical job, only even more closely aligned with my interests. It, too, was located in DC. I applied about 10 minutes after the job was posted (had already updated the resume and all relevant samples of my work). Two months later, I was called, and three interviews later I had the job, which allows me to work from home when not traveling (no relocation required) AND it paid twice as much as the first job I interviewed for.

You just never know until you try. If I hadn't been willing to go out on a limb for that first job I had almost dismissed because of the relocation, I would not have thought to apply for this one--which, in many ways, is a dream job.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats Miz, glad you hit the ground running. Stay positive.

I think my philosophy for a long time will be "one day at a time". Stopping drinking was easy compared to learning to deal with OCD, anxiety and depression without it. Can be frusrating at times, but as a whole it has been very satisfying.

Toss