Notices

cravings and over eating?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cravings and over eating?

Just a little update and a couple of things i would like to ask you peeps. Its day 47 today and i feel alot better but i cant seem to stop munching food, im already over weight but since i've stopped drinking i keep eating alot more than usual. I also have had a few days where i felt like taking £100 to the pub and just sitting in there all day, do these thoughts ease over time? It just seems the longer i dont drink the better the idea to get drunk seems. Maybe my minds playing tricks i dont know....
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My mind does the same thing to me. When it does I look at my scars, physical and emotional, and remember how much they hurt to get. That normally does the trick.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have those thoughts, I don't know, am hoping they go away with time. And yes, I started eating like crazy and have put on 25 pounds since I got sober. I am trying not to worry about it, I can lose it. And frankly I would prefer a little fat over being drunk all the time.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I noticed increased appetite, but for me i'm actually losing weight because before all i drank was beer ( and a lot of high-test/high calorie beer at that ) - so i'm guessing I'm still taking in less net calories. I find that keeping an ample supply of healthy snacks around me at all times helps ( carrots, low fat crackers/chips/pretzels, fruit, nuts, etc... )
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice work on the 47 days!! Good stuff!!