Notices

New to this

Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

I've been on hydros for 10 yrs now I've been up to 10 a day. I've thought a lot lately I have a problem. But there is always a good excuse to justify my behavior Two weeks ago my home was robbed in the process my meds went with it. I was denied refills by all rights no I shouldn't get any. I'm suffering physically and mentally but I want to get thru this I can't keep on like this anymore. All I can say is help.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome DarkPassenger -

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, but glad you found us. This place helped me get through the early days after I stopped drinking. It helps just knowing that others have been through the same thing and come out on the other side.

I hope you check out our substance abuse forum while you're looking around:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

It's really important to have support right now. Glad you're here.....
Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you I know it helps I was a veteran of NA for years. Never thought this I would be here again. But I know I can draw strength from others who are or have been in the same place as me.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR DarkPassenger - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

Welcome to SR, DarkPassenger! I, too, am in recovery from opiates, oxy was my DOC. It's great that you want to get out of the prison that opiate addiction is. At first it seems like the opiates set us free but then we just end up trapped by them.

Have you checked in with your doctor for support and help while going off the hydrocodone? Also, do check out the substance abuse forum to talk with more folks who are dealing with opiate addiction.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thankyou Dee I see already feels good to know im not alone here. And Lyoness i have an appointment wed to see a dr that specifies in opiate recovery i forgot how rough the detox can be no wonder the term prison fits because i would do just about anything to keep from having to feel this way.