Some much for the no contact,but I didn't get sucked back in!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some much for the no contact,but I didn't get sucked back in!

I decided not to take any calls from my husband (or make any)since early Saturday afternoon. He calls once that day,4 times yesterday (leaving a message the last time says that I was trying to be"Miss Tough Girl".)and 4 times already today. The first message said that he wanted to have me over for coffee at his mom's but I was,"being too cool."Later he called and left a message that he was coming to get some off his stuff so I'd better call back. I did, (but not right away) so he didn't show up and stir things up with the girls home. He told me that he's been calling me for days. I said that he keeps telling me not to call and upset his mom(he's the one doing that) He said, "Well, that doesn't mean that you don't answer when I call you!"OH,YEAH?!?! He said that he's coming for some of his stuff (though he said on Saturday that he wanted to come home on Monday.) I told him that I'm just doing like he asked and not calling constantly and upsetting his mom and to not sit around crying all day.He said that I'm just playing games and said that he'd have to call me back. HE DID NOT SUCK ME BACK IN!!!I got to talk for once and didn't get my feelings hurt!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Good girl!!!! Way to go!!

Now might be a good time to go ahead and change the locks on the doors. Then
when he again says he wants some of his stuff, tell him to email you a list and it
will be outside the front door.

Now might also be a good time to go talk to an attorney (get that free pro bono
30 minutes to 60 minutes) and get some INFORMATION. ie legal separation and/or
divorce. That way with a 'legal separation' he will be ordered to pay child support
for his and your kids. Also since he wanted you to stay at home, some 'maintenance
money' also.

Does not mean you cannot get back together some where down the line, IF and yes
that is a big IF he decides he wants recovery and has been working a recovery program
for at least a year and his ACTIONS are showing some positive changes.

A 'legal separation' will HELP you, and is a consequence of his actions of continuing to
practice his addiction.

You stay strong!!! Come here as many times a days as you need to or want to!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouragement, Laurie! I did change the locks (the day after I asked him to leave. Just one of his MANY reasons that he's mad.)I looked into legal separations last week, but there is none in Indiana anymore. I can still go after him for support through the state though.