Notices

Feeling pretty bad!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty bad!

Although maybe slightly better than yesterday. I'm only on day three but for me to be on day three on a Monday is pretty good!

My weekdays are busy and so I will be able to make it to the weekend no problem. My main problem is that I quit smoking 7 weeks ago and now I feel like I can't manage to even consider making it through the day without a smoke or a drink - something to take the edge off! One day at a time, I know.

I am under investigation for ovarian problems which will take a while (NHS) and I keep thinking, since I'm in pain and discomfort why don't I just smoke my way through the next few weeks. Stupid I know.

I'm having a dreadful time with my boyfriend too, so there is another half arsed excuse for me to suck. Always so so so many reasons to undo any good work or just not even bother trying in the first place. It really is a marathon against the wind.

Anyway I feel better for sharing. Right now I feel good about not drinking, but I know that I'll start to waver soon.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I I only have a month clean, but I have relapsed more times than I can even remember and this is the longest I've been clean but I wanted to share whats been helping me and taking my mind off of alcohol/heroin.

-Bust out your phone and scroll down the contacts list, delete any dealers/friends who do not benefit you. (if you have a friend who just calls you to go drink and wont call to say hi, just delete them)

- Make a journal for daily progress to express yourself. You may be a recluse like me and if you can't get those thoughts out to other people, a pen and paper can easily replace a person. Write thoughts, feelings, etc. whatever you want.

- Write a story of when your addictions began and how worse it. Also clock any childhood dilemmas. This will help you understand who you really are and what the underlying problems are to addiction.

-Hit an NA/AA meeting, the people in their are comforting and give hugs for free.

- pick up a hobby, even if its out of the blue so if you think about smoking you can run to that.

- try excersizing daily

- make a positive/negative chart for smoking, drinking, drugging, etc.

Things like this can help your mindset and change your thinking process as oppose to sitting around thinking about smoking or using all day. hope I helped somewhat lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Make a list of all the so so so many reasons to continue to do good things for yourself. They usually outweigh the few reasons to undo your good works.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

By the way I quit smoking and switched to smokeless tobacco. I know in europe you guys/gals have snus. I know its trading one addiction for another but if you really really need nicotine in your life, by all means continue.. I'd personally rather mess with nicotine then heroin and alcohol. Though it has its health affects you need time to focus on your major addictions then break out the less harmful ones. But you made it 7 weeks already so why break that for a stupid puff