Notices

Advice anyone?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Advice anyone?

Hi,
My name is Cortney, I am a 22 year old college student. I've been an opiate addict for the past 2-3 years. I started out doing oc 80s, progressed to opanas and then decided to get my act together and step down to suboxone. I've been on suboxone for about a year. Since I work in neuro research I have kept my addiction a secret. In December I transferred to a new school and moved to a new state. I brought a considerable amount of medication with me to continue weening down from. I was able to get myself down from 8mg to 2mg. Recently I ran out, I thought the detox would be much easier but I had no idea how long and how intense it was. I made it a week, which has seemed like the longest week of my life. The aches, sweats, chills, and terrible frequent trips to the bathroom has made it rather difficult to function. My classes are suffering, I feel I am falling behind. The past week has felt like a literal hell on earth. I have no idea how long this is going to take, I often fear I will lose my mind before this ends... Then today I made things 1,000 times worse. In cleaning up what i could around the house I found a very small piece of suboxone I had forgotten about. While I was strong enough not to seek drugs I was not strong enough to flush the little bit in front of me. It was probably a little short of a milligram. I did it, now I fear this process will have to start all over again. I don't know if I can get through it. Does anyone know how long this detox lasts and anything I can do to make it more manageable? I'm currently in tears fearing what the next few days is going to take out of me. I am scared and alone, please, any words of encouragement would help.

Thanks for listening, Cortney
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The suboxone forum might be more help

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information