Notices

here we go again

Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here we go again

Hi all, i was posting on here a few months ago but stopped posting because i felt like a hypocrite for posting but still drinking. So anyway when i was posting i was trying to stop drinking but could never go more then 3 days without getting drunk. Then i got off prozac and was feeling great but for some reason that made me drink even more. I used to always drink every 3 days but now i was doing it every other day. I would get so wasted and then awfully sick the next day, but that never stopped me. So it's been like this for months now. But last night was horrible. I drank and drove, went to a bar and got very drunk, then i walked home (thank god) But i did drive drunk to the bar. This morning i was so sick and my son saw me crying and puking all day. My husband is just dead to this all at this point. I think he has just given up on me. So today i think i have finally hit rock bottom. I can not do this anymore. My life is so bad because of this. I feel sick all the time, my body hurts, i am never happy, i snap at my son. I know that this is it this time. I am going to die if i don't stop.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Needtostopthis,
Glad to see you posting You can change you life , lots of us here have done the same you are not alone with this .
Are you going to use one or some of the methods available ? How about joining the march beginners thread ? there are people trying to do the exact same thing as you there ..
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-6.html

Take care sobering up , it is best done with a Drs' supervision ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your post. I know life is full of change. And u can do this. But don't forget u need help. Don't play the I can do this alone. Our family's don't really get it. But that's fine it is our disorder. We walked into this world alone and we can walk away from it. Keep posting. Go see your Dr. And get him to help and get into AA group. Hang on the work will be worth it. I am sober from drugs so my journey has been a little different.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi needtostopthis, glad to see you are reaching out. One of the last posts on the March beginner thread ( I am a beginner too) was a mention of something that Dee, one of the moderators, said. It's not complicated, keep quitting until you are done. You can do it. Just keep trying.

Did you go off of your meds under the supervision of your psychiatrist or GP? Whoever is prescribing the meds and overseeing your care would probably be a good resource to turn to when trying to understand the effects of coming off meds combined with alcohol.

Wish you the best and hope to see you over in the Marchers thread!