The text from my master manipulater

Old 03-09-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The text from my master manipulater

This is where NC has got me...continuous texts from my hubby, late night my phone is ringing off the hook. This is a true example of master manipulation...and I HAVE TO STAY STRONG...but I was weak this morning because I felt the need to "explain" why we are not supposed to be talking...broke my own rule...NEED TO BE STRONG! Manipulation Text >>>>> "not talking at all is the stupidest thing I ever heard and not seeing no sense. I am done you are trying to mentally kill me. all about the money and hurting me again. I signed your papers and then boom you are acting like someone I don't know. I am crying like a baby. If you loved me you would not treat me this way...letting me be in this pain is the worst thing ever...and f*** with my head. If it were reversed I would have stopped by to see you but you won't do anything is that how you show you care even a little? You are going out of your way to hurt me...so what's the deal now...so now I can't call my wife? Yes, I am very upset crying again - you have caused me so much pain in the last few weeks you are catching up never should have signed those papers. You have no compassion in your life...because you have none at least not for me. I would never put you in and keep you in this kind of pain".
Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is he sober??? Working a program.

Sure doesn't sound like it to me.

Block him.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Because they say it doesn't mean it is true. Sick people say sick things. Toxic people say toxic things. We can choose not to listen.

You cannot reason with insanity. You cannot reason with sick people who cannot even reason with themselves.

Sometimes it helps to turn the ringer off the phone or block a number and to not read texts. Life was good before texts, people and hurtful words were easily avoided. My life has no texting and no facebook...just phones that ring and can be called from, with call display so I can see who is calling and voicemail I can erase...oh yeah, it has a "silent" mode too that I cherish when I need my sleep or peace of mind.

We cannot be manipulated if we refuse to listen to maniplulating words from sick people.

I hope things get better for you soon. I know this is hard and and sending hugs, hoping today will be even a little better than yesterday.

Hugs
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You can block his # from both cell's and land lines, if you decide to reactivate his # at a later date you can do that too. As long as you read his texts and listen to his voice mails you will be stuck in the emotional vortex.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with blocking the texts and calls. You don't even need to know he has attempted contact , let alone reading the hurtful texts. Do what you need to to protect your serenity.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you have something nice planned for today.... something that feeds your soul and centers your awareness on your own needs and desires. Doing something creative with my hands does the trick for me 99% of the time. What does it for you? What do you REALLY enjoy?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

is there a VALID reason why you need your phone ON at night when you are trying to sleep?

i personally don't see anything manipulative in his text, just a lot of feeling sorry for himself. a sure fire way to get to true intent of an addict is to say NO......and then stand back, preferably WAY back, so when they blow we aren't hit with the shrapnel.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horriblethisis View Post
This is where NC has got me...continuous texts from my hubby, late night my phone is ringing off the hook. This is a true example of master manipulation...and I HAVE TO STAY STRONG...but I was weak this morning because I felt the need to "explain" why we are not supposed to be talking...broke my own rule...NEED TO BE STRONG! Manipulation Text >>>>> "not talking at all is the stupidest thing I ever heard and not seeing no sense. I am done you are trying to mentally kill me. all about the money and hurting me again. I signed your papers and then boom you are acting like someone I don't know. I am crying like a baby. If you loved me you would not treat me this way...letting me be in this pain is the worst thing ever...and f*** with my head. If it were reversed I would have stopped by to see you but you won't do anything is that how you show you care even a little? You are going out of your way to hurt me...so what's the deal now...so now I can't call my wife? Yes, I am very upset crying again - you have caused me so much pain in the last few weeks you are catching up never should have signed those papers. You have no compassion in your life...because you have none at least not for me. I would never put you in and keep you in this kind of pain".
Dear Husband,

I am all talked out. It does no good. I need peace. I will not be answering any calls or emails from you from this point forward. I am doing this for my peace of mind not to hurt you.

From this point forward, I will not communicate with you. Period.

Wife
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This popped up on my Facebook page this morning. I think it's appropriate here...

When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.

- Viktor E. Frankl