Nervous about my future

Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous about my future

I've heard through the grapevine that my XH whom has lived overseas for the past 2 years is to return to my home town.
He texted me today which confirmed it & he has asked for the kids bedding back that he gave me when he left.
I am nervous about the future as I had a bad time with him & his girlfriend using drugs around my kids & I was not happy about places they'd been.
Long story short I took it into my own hands to call the authoritys in on his drug growing & use but someone I confided in blew the whistle & he found out. The result was he moved countries. Stupid really, all he had to do was stop growing & selling drugs & there wouldn't be a problem.
Anyway since he left & a phone conversation where I let him have it over everything he started to co-operate & we built a better rapport with each other.
I have decided not to stress myself out until he arrives back & just deal with it when it's here but the past with the drug history & his unco-operative manor & verbal threats over the children have left me nervous.
It must be having an effect because I've started to have nightmares about my past again.
Not sure I'm looking for an answer from anyone about this but just need to get my ill ease out.
Also last year he accidentally text me instead of someone over there & the content was drug related.
My oldest daughter has done drug education at school now so I presume she would be more on to it now.
Nervous for me & my kids.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Ugh.

Well, I suppose the one hopeful thing is the "better rapport" you've had. Plus he knows he is on thin ice with you where the drugs are concerned. Does he have any documented history of his drug use? Such that supervised visitation could be ordered, at least in the beginning until you see what's up with him?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No. I visited lawyers on several occasions to see where I stood but couldn't prove anything.
Hmmmm but he did have no income for a period of about 2 years.
Even the tax department didn't question that, I questioned it & was pretty much told to stalk him & get proof myself.
Gee the systems aren't set up for honest solo Mums trying to do right by their kids lol.