New challenges, new horizons...

Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New challenges, new horizons...

Okay, its well into the year 2013. This was not my principal group. In my home country I had helped build F2F groups. And i had slowly learned the slogan "let it begin with me".

I was neither use not ornament unless "me" was getting better. My dream and goal was to start a ACA group in my own community- easier said than done. I do belong to one of the local grandparent 12 Step groups.

Have made a pilgrimage to 'Stepping Stones' in the USA and attended a couple of ACA groups over there. Now I am exploring ways that ACA can 'come of age' and be accepted as a growing child in the recovery family.

There is one ACA group only in the country of 4 million. I get to go about 3 or 4 times a year. It may, at the moment, have become swamped with 'double winners'.

There is a small online campus of people fron the Southern Pacific. I am looking forward to the day someone comes through my community and we have 40 minutes coffee time.

Having been so keen, so desperate for human contact and acknowledgment I tended to push other people away. I have learned to give other people space and room to move. I am still acutely sensitive- but I think that has taken over my neediness. I like to be around other people like myself- a sense of 'coming home'.

This is my pitch, just for today...

...DavidG.