Notices

Penny for Your Thoughts

Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Penny for Your Thoughts

I have made MANY attempts at becoming sober over the past 10 years. The longest (other than when I was pregnant) was 13 days.
Today, I am starting again. Just saying that, is very irritating.
A few days ago, a good friend of mine was attacked in the middle of the night, by her alcoholic husband. Very out of character for him and completely out of no where, b/c when she went to bed that night, all was wonderful between them. I helped her get everything settled with the jail, courthouse ppr work, her two small children, etc... So, thank God she is not going back to him. Quite frankly, I'm not sure he wants her to. He hasnt tried to contact her since. I hated seeing my friend go through this, and seeing her cry. It broke my heart.
I dont ever want to put my family through something like that. I have never been abusive, or completely out of the way with my family, but neither had he. Alcohol is a tricky *******.
I finished my bottle of vodka and the last of my beer last night. The only thing left in the house is my husbands whiskey. He rarely drinks, so once that is gone, I know there wont be more alcohol in the house, b/c I'm the one that always buys it.
I'm self employed and my job is suffering b/c of my drinking. My bank account is most definitely suffering and I know my husband is suffering. He used to ask me all the time to stop drinking; but in the past year he hasnt said anything. I suppose he has given up on me. He knows of all my "attempts" at sobriety, so this time I'm not even going to tell him I'm trying to quit. I would hate to let him down again.
Im supposed to be on medication for Anxiety, but the meds didnt mingle well with my drinking, so I stopped my medicine so I could drink. That was a TERRIBLE idea, but my second personality (the alcoholic) though it was a fantastic one. I'm going to start back on my meds today, call my doctor and tell her what a loser I am and then go from there.
I think I have pretty much just babbled about everything. It feels good to get some of this off my chest. If you made it all the way through my novel, I owe you a prize, or money, or SOMETHING.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!

If you're paying for those who read the entire post, the payment I want is fellowship.

I would definitely talk to the doctor before restarting your meds.

Many parts of your tale sounded familiar to me. You are not alone. I found it very helpful to read around on this forum about the various methods available to aid in recovery.

Hope to see you around!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My alcoholism got so bad that I had to either go to AA or shoot myself.

It was a difficult decision but AA has kept me sober and sane for over 23 yrs now. Might just be the ticket for you too.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Twister I am sure SR will be very useful in your decision to quit drinking x