Notices

i hate codeine!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i hate codeine!!!

i have been taking codeine for a serious back injury for nearly twenty years and i have HAD ENOUGH!!!been tapering for the last 2 months-on my own-from 500mg daily down to a tenth of that!!applause please!!
on cutting down to 45mg this week i have started with withdrawal symptoms and i am damned if i am going to up the dose!!so its cold turkey time!!!i took my last 15mg tablet at midnight last night-made no difference-still woke up 2 hours later with restless legs!so my old friend/enemy you can SOD OFF for good!!
its 12.30 in the afternoon now and i feel like i weigh 50 stone!!every joint hurts and my head feels like a bowling ball!!managed to walk the dogs round the block but im not anticipating any marathons this week!!bit sweaty but the worst feeling for me is that knot in the stomach/lump in the throat/scared/dread feeling
ANY ADVICE FOLKS??read various (ok 5 million)posts from others and im even more baffled than before!is it just like a bad dose of flu??will i be depressed??
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I suspect you might be depressed for awhile, along with the aches and pains, but I'm sure you will start to feel better soon. Good for you for hanging in there.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR divaphoenix

You might like to also check out our substance abuse forum as well
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D