Notices

Intro: DXM Addict

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intro: DXM Addict

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, so I just wanted to introduced myself. Im 25, a uni student, a muso, also a wannabe author. I consider myself a very bright person, but for the past two years Ive been abusing DXM. It started in 2011, out of curiosity. The first time I tried it I simply fell in love with it, and kept going back for more. I was living in the city at the time, where I had access to many different chemists, and was able to get some when ever I wanted. But I live in the country now, about an hour away from where I used to live. There are some places I can get it now, but its more difficult. So my intake has dropped to at least once a week, as opposed to 3 or 4 times. I also order it from the net and have it delivered to my house, which has become a problem... When I take it Im usually doing 2x 200ml bottles, but the high isnt where it used to be, my tolerance has grown dramatically
Its something that I really want to stop, but I find myself thinking about it all the time, and whenever I am near a chemist or pharmacy I usually find myself going in. Its gotten to the point now where I am embarressed to enter because Im sure that they recognise me as the 'Robitussin Guy'.

I try to stop, but just two weeks will go buy and Im usually indulging again. Ive kept it a secret from my girlfriend for the past year, and Im beginning to feel incredibly guilty and depressed because she does so much for me, and I go behind her back all the time. If she knew I was doing this it would break her heart.

Im interested in talking to others about their problems with DXM as well. Thanks for reading...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi rpage

I've never done DXM but I wanted to welcome you anyway.
This place is great support - it really made a difference for me and my own problems.

good to have you here

D
Old 03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!!!

Man, I have no real helpful insight, but I can totally relate. I went through a period of DXM abuse and it's ugly. It got to the point that I couldn't tell when it was affecting me or not. My mind and thinking patterns were severely disrupted. Very nasty stuff. And yes, tolerance increase quickly. I had to just ween myself of it like any other addiction.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive been trying to ween myself off it. Im trying to keep it down to once a month. I dont believe myself when I say Im going to just flat out stop... My cravings for it havent been so bad lately, but sometimes I really get the itch...
Its so difficult considering that its so easy to get, and relatively cheap, and plus no one has to know im doing it...
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I hope you decided to stop completely and live a sober life.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also went through a DXM phase. I can tell you that is a crazy substance, especially for something available over the counter. It's such a scary thing at the higher doses. I don't think I've ever been AS convinced that I was gonna die than the night I completely zonked out on DXM. The mind/body detachment felt so real and frightening to me. I remember reasoning with myself "ok, I guess I won't be able to wake up in the morning. This is how they'll find my body...next to some bottles of Robo. ****." I can tell you that peeking over the edge of reality like that became pretty enjoyable to me. That is some scary stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
I also went through a DXM phase. I can tell you that is a crazy substance, especially for something available over the counter. It's such a scary thing at the higher doses. I don't think I've ever been AS convinced that I was gonna die than the night I completely zonked out on DXM. The mind/body detachment felt so real and frightening to me. I remember reasoning with myself "ok, I guess I won't be able to wake up in the morning. This is how they'll find my body...next to some bottles of Robo. ****." I can tell you that peeking over the edge of reality like that became pretty enjoyable to me. That is some scary stuff.
I know exactly what your talking about... I often have these closed eye experiences where I feel myself floating away and travelling to far off lands... Thats one of the major things that draws me back to it. Being able to escape reality so easily...
I once had a terrible trip though where I was convinced I had driven myself insane, it lasted for at least 4 hours. Scariest time of my life by far...
Old 03-07-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by rpage25 View Post
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, so I just wanted to introduced myself. Im 25, a uni student, a muso, also a wannabe author. I consider myself a very bright person, but for the past two years Ive been abusing DXM. It started in 2011, out of curiosity. The first time I tried it I simply fell in love with it, and kept going back for more. I was living in the city at the time, where I had access to many different chemists, and was able to get some when ever I wanted. But I live in the country now, about an hour away from where I used to live. There are some places I can get it now, but its more difficult. So my intake has dropped to at least once a week, as opposed to 3 or 4 times. I also order it from the net and have it delivered to my house, which has become a problem... When I take it Im usually doing 2x 200ml bottles, but the high isnt where it used to be, my tolerance has grown dramatically
Its something that I really want to stop, but I find myself thinking about it all the time, and whenever I am near a chemist or pharmacy I usually find myself going in. Its gotten to the point now where I am embarressed to enter because Im sure that they recognise me as the 'Robitussin Guy'.

I try to stop, but just two weeks will go buy and Im usually indulging again. Ive kept it a secret from my girlfriend for the past year, and Im beginning to feel incredibly guilty and depressed because she does so much for me, and I go behind her back all the time. If she knew I was doing this it would break her heart.

Im interested in talking to others about their problems with DXM as well. Thanks for reading...
This guy and I used to do DXM all the time in college. DXM begins to distort your reality and you almost live in a fantasy world confusing this with reality. You were doing it 3-4 times a week? Not good! Now only once a week? Still not good! DXM has the potential to do irreversible brain damage, cause mental disturbances, and bring on psychosis. Best thing to do is find a way to leave that crap alone for good. The cheaper the drug, usually the more damage it will cause in the long run. You will regret it in the end.