Notices

Day 6 - saw someone i know at a meeting tonight!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Day 6 - saw someone i know at a meeting tonight!

i went to an 8:30 Big Book meeting a few blocks away from my house for the first time tonight. it was a good crowd and we had some laughs as we read and discussed the section of the book. at the end of the night, i was getting ready to leave when someone walks up to me..."Lisa? i thought i recognized you!" OMG! it's my petsitter! small world, right? well, instead of being scared or ashamed that someone i know from the "outside world" now knows me in AA, i was excited! she was so happy to see me and we hugged. she's been in the program for a while it seems. i didn't ask her her sobriety date or anything but she was there with her sponsor's sponsor and gave me info on a few meetings that she really enjoys. it was just so funny. i know VERY few people in this area and one of the few i do know is a part of the fellowship of AA. and attends meetings close to me! i think it's wonderful. and she wasn't ashamed to see me. she was happy! so to all you out there who are afraid to go to meetings lest you see someone you know, please take something away from this. btw, i'm technically her employer. if anything, i trust her even more now with my animals. i am just excited to have this kind of a connection with someone. tonight was a total blessing. what an amazing Day 6!

God, thank you for keeping me sober today. i keep ending up in the right place at the right time. tonight, i met a friend who shares the fellowship of AA with me. i don't know what i've done to deserve this special care i seem to be getting now, but thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post

God, thank you for keeping me sober today. i keep ending up in the right place at the right time. tonight, i met a friend who shares the fellowship of AA with me. i don't know what i've done to deserve this special care i seem to be getting now, but thanks.
I think its because we ask, and he listens. And we are willing to accept.
Glad you had a good meeting tonight
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

That's such a lovely story. I still live in the hope that I'm going to see someone I know from my using days in a meeting one day

Natom.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!