Getting by, getting well, and getting even...

Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Getting by, getting well, and getting even...

Getting well took time. Thankfully I had some sort of life while this happened. It didn't seem so at the time, but it does now.

Often I could not let go of things. I felt such a fool, being in the dark, being in pain for so long. I had to pull up a big wooden siege machine- a grief buster- to drive away all of that loss and regret.

At times I felt I was left with an emotional wreck. But I had to knock that old wreck into shape- into a life worth living.

I have had some enemies in the community. Don't get angry, get even! Is the old saying. I did stand up for myself on some issues, and I learned when to back off and mind my own business.

Its sometimes fairly hard to live without stress, without pain. To dismantle the big plans- to own and to air the big dreams. But while rummaging around in the cellar I forgot about the attic- hopes and dreams- forgotten treasures.

So I get even with the past by proving I was worthwhile. I did not see this coming for a time. I needed to connect with other people's hope and their lives to see myself.

Thanks,
David.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmm. interesting thought.

I think I'm still buired under the mess in the cellar. But thanks for posting the reminder that there is an attic full of forgotten good things waiting to be discovered.