Notices

My son is an alcoholic

Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My son is an alcoholic

Hi I am new to this site and new to Al anon. But its past time for help and advice. I have a 25 year old son whom I love so much who is an alcoholic. He drinks bourbon straight. I think he drinks all the time to keep his alcohol level up. He lives with me and I've have been trying to help him in any way I can but I'm at my wits end. I don't know what to do anymore. I am going to my first Al anon meeting tomorrow night and I hope I learn some guidance. My son was told by my husband if he didn't go back to school he could not live here any more. SO my husband helped him enroll in a trade school where he started off doing so well and now he is missing classes. He has a daughter from a short affair and they are not together although he plays head games with the mother of his child. My grand daughter just turned 1 and she is the air that I breath. I keep her 60% of the time. Neither her mother or father (my son) are responsible parents. She is always sick. I am very concerned about her welfare and don't know what to do. Grand parents don't have rights here in VA. If I threaten to kick my son out because of his drinking he uses her against me. Threatening to not let me see her. Or moving in with shady people that I don't want her around. I just don't know what to do anymore. Please help? I know tough love is the answer but I am terrified I wont see my grand daughter and be able to look out for her. I am the only one who has her best interest at heart. All either parent cares about is themselves.
Help me
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

So sorry for the pain you are in. Al Anon will be a life saver for you. We have another forum that will help you a lot, for friends and family of the alcoholic:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information