Setback (codependancy)

Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Setback (codependancy)

I was doing quite well - didn't call my sis to know if she is drinking for roughly 4 weeks now and was feeling ok in the last week or so. Yesterday I saw a show about siblings who were looking for each other and their long lost mother. They all were adobted into different families then they were babies because they mother was drinking, but the kids (currently adults) still wanted to reunite with her. After watching this I started to feel guilty. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but it seems I can't help it. Every time I feel better something or somebody usually unintentionally make the guilt to come back. I started going to Al Anon two months ago so I'm still early in the recovery and hope it will help with time. Sorry - I know the guilt came up in my earlier posts. Just need to let it out.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a process. You are at least recognizing what you are doing now. So that's a great step. We are so used to the drama that sometimes we find ways to get it back even if we don't know. Hang in there.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jur123 View Post
Sorry - I know the guilt came up in my earlier posts. Just need to let it out.
It will probably come up again. IME our big buttons often shrink but don't entirely go away. Did you go back and read the previous posts? I remember some really good links being posted.

Also - have you checked out the Bill of Rights?

Best wishes.
Vicki
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I read and re-read all the stickies. It helps, but I often find that I need to let it out to feel better
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me, when I spend time feeling the guilt (accepting it), it seems to turn into longing that I could make a difference and fix things. And then I know I can't, so I feel some sadness. And then it all passes.