Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Love Letter to my bf while in rehab from a girl in rehab with him.....

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i found a letter from a girl who was in treatment with him. he left for treatment and we were still together, asking me to wait for him. then he stopped contacting me and i didnt talk to him until middle of november , he left treatment end of sept i think. ...this letter says how much she is falling for him and she doesnt know what to do about thier "little situation"....telling him she cant wait to see where this goes and so muhc more heartbreaking things....ending the letter with "i wanna hold your hand"
I know my mind is going insane after all this over the past 2 weeks and now to find this. he says nothing happend and she just had a crush on him. i know he is very flirty and overly nice to girls . please someone put my mind at ease. or am i stupid with this too. i dont know what being in rehab is like and obviously they form great conncections because of the situation. ..... just one more heart ache to deal with......
has anyone had this from their significant other being in treatment.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi

You posted in our Daily Support Forum which is only for the continuation of existing threads.

I moved your thread to Newcomers Forum where you will find more response.

I think it's very easy to form attachments when you're in a situation like rehab - it's all a bit unreal.

How has he been since leaving rehab? that's the real key I think

D
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relationships

Originally Posted by Sto86 View Post
i found a letter from a girl who was in treatment with him. he left for treatment and we were still together, asking me to wait for him. then he stopped contacting me and i didnt talk to him until middle of november , he left treatment end of sept i think. ..
For me in rehab, being the sick addict that I was , being clean just brought out my other addictions like lust, finding anything to make me feel good, to fill that viod. I had crushes too as I look back and I was a very sick puppy. It's pretty normal, If ur boyfriend really wants to stay sober, he will eventually see the errors of his ways. At least that is what I think. He's gonna find out that dishonesty like that is only creating secrets and secrets are what keep us sick.
He should have been told in rehab that new relationships in the 1st year are a No No and not only would he be jeopardizing his recovery but someone elses too as we are so vulnerable early in recovery.

He will have to decide if recovery is more important than anything else. Hopefully he will. I would not expect to much from him at this time.