Notices

How to deal with drug use

Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to deal with drug use

I found my husband is doing drugs, we both had a problem and even went to jail for it. He says he only did it a few times but I'm still seeing the signs of drug use, I need help for myself, I watch every move he makes and I feel like I'm going crazy:
Old 03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sendrina - I'm sorry for your situation. You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here tho.

Have you considered NarAnon?

You may also be interested in our Family and Friends forum:
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alanon?

I just looked them up I think I will give them a try, I'm not sure if I should try and work through this (with a risk of going to prison) or just pack up and leave to protect myself, if he lyed about it this time I think more then likely he will do it again, right? How do you deal with someone being on drugs? How do you know they r not bringing it into your home and putting you in danger?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Sendrina)) - Welcome to SR!

To answer your questions, you don't know for sure. I'm a recovering addict and had to get away from my still-using addict bf as it affected my recovery and I didn't want to go back to jail. Actually, it would have been prison as I was on probation after getting out of jail.

I do hope you check out the Friends & Family forum ((Dee)) put the link of. The great people there have helped me realize it's okay to do what is best for ME and also realize that if my gut says "something's not right", it's usually right.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy, I also am on probation (15 years), if the police came in here and found something they would never believe that I'm clean. I'm really a scared but thank you for the info
Old 03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation, but I am glad that you are concerned about your safety and how this could affect you legally. Make sure to take care of yourself.