Some people never change, some people do

Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Some people never change, some people do

This morning I opened my newspaper and there was an article posted by the Local Sheriff's dept listing recent arrest in the area . . . My Exah was listed as being arrested for possession of a controlled dangerous substance, schedule III.

He is 57 yrs old and other than 2 1/2 yrs he was sober this has pretty much been his life since he was in his late teens, early 20's ~ multiple inpatient & out patient rehabs, thousands of meetings, many sponsors, lots of step work, almost every book written on recovery and yet the disease continues to win ~

Some people never change or can never change ~

My first thought when I saw this was heartbreak for our daughters and grandchildren ~ I know it still hurts them & they miss the Dad & PaPa they got to know during those few years of sobriety ~

and then to be honest I was truly humbled by gratitude because my HP allowed me to change

To not be a part of that insane world anymore ~

I am forever grateful to be living the life I have today ~ no matter what I face today I know my HP will walk with me through it because we have walked thru the insanity of living with active alcoholism/addiction and survived enough to walk away.

Yes it is true that Some People Never Change but there is HOPE that some people do ~ today we can make that choice to be part of the people that DO change ~

Believe me, from this point of view it is so worth it and you are worth it!

Just sharing my experience, strength and hope

PINK HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude and serenity)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, Ms Pink. That must have been a surprise-but-not-really moment to read that in your paper. And I am sorry for your children and grandchildren who suffer most in these circumstances.

Thanks for sharing this today, especially this:

Yes it is true that Some People Never Change but there is HOPE that some people do ~ today we can make that choice to be part of the people that DO change ~
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My boyfriend just had his 1 year sober anniversary yesterday. I went with him to his open AA meeting to be with him when he got his coin. It has been an incredibly fast year. I thought about the man he was then and the man he is now and just can't believe how different he is but still the same too.

He is all of the wonderful things I loved about him before recovery but better. As I told him last night, I don't love him more but I do like him more. :-) So while some people change and others don't...some people simply become better versions of themselves.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear MsPInkAcres, my heart understands how much you hated to read that in the newspaper. If I were there I would hug you and, maybe cry a bit with you also.

Thank you so much for all the help you have given me and others.

Love, dandylion
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Ms PinkAcres,

Gee, that must have brought up some deep feelings

Thank you for the thoughts, though.....

I recognize from what you said, that my axbf is still the same, too---and NO recovery attempts.

I need to *realize*, or...**pay attention*** to the point!--> That You (and I) managed to get out, and a good thing--- because that would be our lives if we were with them right this minute! Not good. LoL!

I hope you're not feeling too triggered, and not for *too* long.

Thank you again