Notices

Lost and heartbroken

Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Lost and heartbroken

I've never done this before, but I am at my wits end. I have been married to my ah for 6 years now, 5 of them in some form of active addiction. He is a highly functioning pain pill addict, who gets them freely from his neurosurgeon anytime he needs them. He has made the decision several times to quit, goes through the painful withdrawals, and within a month goes right back to the same ole same ole, lying, money missing, so on and so on. This last stint lasted 4 months then he had to have hernia surgery. Well that opened the door for active addiction again, he went thru a script in less than a week and is now in day 6 of painful withdrawals, puking non stop, and all I hear is this is the last time I swear, he'll every time is the last time. Does this cycle ever end? He has a great job, nice home and family who loves him. I've done alanon and can't grasp the concept of detachment, it's not who I am. I'm seeing through this withdrawal and I feel like asking for a divorce, we have split several times and every time I let him come back and back in the damn roller coaster we go. He's a good man and works hard to provide for our family, he just has that part of him which I'm starting to hate more than I love him, is that wrong??? I need some advice y 13 yr old son watches this and knows what's going on and can't believe I let him stay.:
Old 03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont have experience in the pill addiction, but I know there are many here that can help with advise.
Mostly I can just say I will Pray for you & your situation,
And Im glad you found SR site.
~Peace
Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayer! The Serenity Prayer comes to mind. Listen. To your son. He is at the most impressionable age (IMHO). Becoming a teenager is hard enough without the added burdens. Be honest. With your husband, your son, and most of all yourself. God bless.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation, but I'm glad you found us Chas0912.

You'll find a lot of people who've been through what you have - a lot of wisdom experience and support - I also recommend you look in our Friends and Family forum too

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You're definitely not alone here

D