Not so predictable

Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not so predictable

My opiate addict /alcoholic husband has been out of the house for 2 weeks now. He's been staying with his enabling /addict /alcoholic mother for the past week. He has went from anger and blame to apologies, broken promises and pouring on the tears. Back and forth. 2 days again he was back at the anger and blame and this time his mother chimed in the background with the cruelest, most hurtful insults I have EVER heard!!!He repeated back every word that she said as if they were his own. They both told me after their "bash fest ",to have some respect and not to call that home again. (His cellphone is shut off.)So,as hurt and then mad as I was,I took the advice of my sponsor, mother and closest friend and haven't called since. (Not like me at all!)Yesterday morning his mother called me as if nothing ever happened and told me that she had found one of our daughter's toys at her house and that she would get it to me soon. She never apologized and told me to call her later. I never did. Our daughter has plenty of toys so why is she calling me at 8:30 in the morning when she's NEVER up that early to tell me that? My sponsor suggested that my husband put her up to calling me so he could check up on me since I wasn't doing my usual and calling him.He's pretty predictable and my sponsor and I both thought that I would hear from him by today with his new promises and tears (and MAYBE an apology) Haven't heard a word!I kinda tempted to call but in all reality I'm still mad enough that I don't want to speak to either of them. Just curious I guess. His mother got her S.S.I.today and it is Friday (party night) so I kinda doubt that I'll hear anything before Sunday when they're both spent from partying all weekend. Am I just as sick as them for even wondering what he's doing when I really already know?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe she was wanting to get the toy out of the house so you would not have an excuse to go over there and claim it. Would have been wise on her part to think of that.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Repeat as often as needed:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference....