Notices

Getting ready to dexox at home...

Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Getting ready to dexox at home...

Hi everybody,

I have been on opiates for the past 16 years. I am a chronic pain patient, I was a flight attendant for 18 years and injured in clear air turbulence, I fractured my nose and jaw, this occured in 1980. Fast forward, I had my first TMJ surgery in 1984, this turned into one surgery after another, in 1996 this turned into a life threatning infection when one of my artificial joints fractured, I developed osteomylitis, on the right side of my face and base of my skull. So all in all, I have had over 40 surgeries, and left with muscle, bone and nerve pain in my face, head and neck, and shoulders. I was recently diagnosed with another chronic issue, ICC. My immune system is shot due to the severity and length of the infection.

I have been tapering down from morphine for about 6 mos. now. I am on 30 mgs, so next month, I make the big jump off. I am so scared, but I look at it this way, at least I will be clean. I know that I am a survivor. I have heard that pain actually gets better once you are off all this crap. I know that I will always have pain, but I am at the point where the opiates don't help that much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

In light and love,
big blue eyes

The tiny seed knew that
it had to be dropped in dirt
covered in darkness,
and struggle to reach the light...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR
I don't know anything about morphine or morphine detox I'm afraid bigblues.

Are you consulting a Dr?
D
Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee74,

Yes, I have been with a pain management doctor for the past 16 years. The one I am working with has been tapering me down. I am wearing a clondine patch, as some withdrawl symptoms have already started. And my pain has increased. I figured that it would...

I am a big reader of Rumi, so I love your quote "Never lose hope, my heart, miracles dwell in the invisible"

It should be at least two weeks of opiate withdrawls, stomach ache, the runs. insomnia, feeling like you have the worse flu in the world, Captain Tripps, from Steven Kings book, The Stand.

Scared, but ready. She will also give me some valium for the muscle aches...And I have Zofran, for the naseau...

Thanks for your input,
big blue eyes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're in the care of your dr and I hope that you get through this.

It would be great if your pain became manageable by something otc.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Anna,

Thank you so much for the the kind thoughts. I have no doubt that I will get through this. Just a little scared. I have been through so much worse before...there are lots of things out there now, massage, yoga, and thank god medical marijuana...after being on opiates (huge doses) and muscle relaxants, your body grows weary for something better...

My pain management doctor is the one that suggested medical marijuana, so I may try that if the pain doesn't abate...

In love and light,
big blue eyes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck. Sounds like you're in good hands with your pain management doctor. Don't hesitate to call her if it gets rough.

W.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you wpainterw,

I really appreciate all the support that this community has already shown me. I know that it will be rough, but hopefully with some comfort medicines, valium, clondine patch, and she also mentioned medical marijuana...don't know about that.

I know that I will always have pain, but just am so tired of being on the opiates. Have you ever gone through this at home? I will have to read the boards and see if someone else has gone through this.

Once again thank you, will keep you posted!

In love and light,
big blue eyes

Lovely days just don't come to you,
You have to walk to them...
Rumi