Notices

Hello and help??

Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello and help??

Hi there everyone! I'm new here, kinda lost, and in need of some help. I've got an opiate addiction, and I was wondering what/where to post so I can find the answers I need. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated. And, I hope you all are having a good night/day/whatever time it is where you are.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome PillPenguin

This is a great site - you'll find a ton of support and encouragement here
I'd also check out the substance abuse forum as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have resently gotten sober. It's been a roller coaster ride so far. Today I have reached my one month mark. I still have no sponsor. I know that is mostly my fault tough. Fear has kept me fom asking anyone. I was in 3 meeting last week that the topic was miracles. I walked out of the first one. The second I admitted that the topic made me angry because I hadn't seen any. And the third I passed. Today I believe that all those meeting are miracles and that finding this site is a miracle. Sometimes it is easier to put I to words or it gives me more relief to write it. My goal is to ask for someone to sponsor me by the end of next week. I know this s a scattered post but my brain doesn't work right all time. Lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too Quinoa68

D
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. My life is in a shambles right now, so I really have no one I can talk to. Honestly, I haven't achieved sobriety yet.. but I'm starting to try. Right now I've got w/d's, and I'm worried that they wont accept me when I go to my appt. for the Soboxone program. I did find the suboxone detox forum, and I posted there too, asking the specifics. It's really nice to know that there are people out there willing to listen, and offer advice, even if they don't know you. So, again, thank you
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They only way to find out if they will accept you at the program is to ask! If they don't accept you there, try somewhere else. Don't give up on yourself.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They did accept me, and he's got me on 8mg twice a day. So far I'm doing pretty good with getting clean. I did slip up and smoked some pot yesterday, but I'm not drinking, and I'm not doing any opiates. Thanks again for the replies! I hope all of you are doing well too
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome PillPenguin!

You're making a great decision for yourself, even though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way right now. I got through those first days (of not drinking) inch by inch with a lot of support from this forum.

Things really do get better. Be patient with yourself and give yourself lots of TLC. You can do this!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you made the decision to get clean and sober. Best of luck to you
Old 03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PillPenguin View Post
Thanks guys. My life is in a shambles right now, so I really have no one I can talk to.
You do now.

This is a very active, caring, supportive community of people like you -- we're all in the same boat, so welcome aboard! :-)