Notices

Help

Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

It's my first post but i believe im going crazy trying to get off suboxone and to stop drinking. I cannot enjoy my new marraige or be selfless enough to be involved more in her pregnany. Im so depressed i cant hold my head up. She hasnt seen this side of me so depressed. Feelling alone and the love of my life is right beside me. Please someone tell me i'll get through it this time. Im done God please help me stop the insanity
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll find a lot of support here Ryan

what else are you doing for support and help besides us?

D
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ryan, we do understand how hard this is.

Have you talked to your dr about getting off suboxone?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well i guess i dont have much support besides a councelor and a mental health place that may help me with anti-depressant or something. i havent talked to my doctor about the suboxone because ive been doing them illegally. i know i can come off them i just dont think i can do it without loosing what little sanity i have left. im trying to stop though and i know that places like this will be more beneficial then sitting at home staying in my head
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new too. I don't know about your drug addiction but I can say we each are here because it is or has been soooo hard. Get into drug,alcohol support group. Start with getting love and help for you and the moments will follow more moments until you too will be here supporting other newbies. Once you are well then you can be thee for your loved ones too. But you need to seek out help . Look in your phone book for aa /.an meetings and go. I know you can do this. Hold on, the journey takes a little time.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ryan4040 -- this is not medical advice...but since you did not mention how you are trying to get off suboxone I implore that you seek guidance from the doctor who prescribed it or another medical doctor....this is very serious...a huge decision on your part.

When you also have alcohol issues also...you need help...

(I see now you don't have a prescription)...I must underscore you seek medical help

Thank you for sharing I appreciate it and keep us updated
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ryan....a bit of hard work now and perhaps some acute withdrawals that may last a couple of weeks, then you can enjoy your life and your marriage and look forward to meeting your new baby.

I am not in the same country as you, but what can happen legally to you if you tell your doctor you have been using suboxone?

Have you told your counsellor or mental health team about the suboxone and have they offered advice?

How do you know the doctor will not be understanding and want to help?
People with mental health problems are known to self medicate. I am sure the doctor has seen this before and you won't be the first.

You need to take care of yourself in these first few days.
You also need to start working on this now.
Babies, lovely as they are, are hard work and you need to be as healthy and fit, both physically and mentally, as you can be.

I had to find a new way to live.
I had to get honest with myself and others.
Now I try to surround myself with like minded people.
Life can be quite quiet at times but I have my sanity and that is the most important thing to me.
Nothing compares to feeling sane and sober.

What do you have to loose by talking to your doctor and seeing what he can do to help you?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ryan4040 View Post
It's my first post but i believe im going crazy trying to get off suboxone and to stop drinking. I cannot enjoy my new marraige or be selfless enough to be involved more in her pregnany. Im so depressed i cant hold my head up. She hasnt seen this side of me so depressed. Feelling alone and the love of my life is right beside me. Please someone tell me i'll get through it this time. Im done God please help me stop the insanity
I found the lasting solution to your post in Alcoholics Anonymous.

I found the way out of my dilemma and I wasn't alone any more.

Look their number up in the phone book and give them a call ... it might just be your lucky day.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Did not see the legal part, but who care they still have to treat you, a Dr. Can not abandon a pt. So go get your help. You can do this. Dr,s see lots of people just like you who don't have a script. Not anything new for them,just go for help.